Gemstar GuidePlus

Old December 11th 09, 07:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Barry Watzman

Default Gemstar GuidePlus

I had to reinstall and now GuidePlus isn't working (yes, the service is
still up, I had just updated listings 2 days ago). I could kick myself
for not having saved the registry entries.

Anyway, the problem is that the registry has the wrong URL for the
listings server. I have a registry that worked in April saved, but it
is not working now.

Does anyone know the correct URL and registry entry? [the issue is the
registry settings at HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Gemstar\ETV\URL].

I ***SUSPECT*** that they changed over the summer with the digital TV
transition; I could kick myself for not having saved that registry key
before I wipe the C: drive. It was working 2 days ago.
Old December 12th 09, 07:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
FreonP

I am having the same problem. I have tried URLs
http://www.gemstarguide.com/gdndl/gdnget.asp and
http://144.198.100.134/gtidl/gdnet2.asp. I tried to go to
http://144.198.100.134/gtidl/gdnet2.asp and http://144.198.100.134/ in a
web browser, and the site requires a password. To anyone who has a
system that Guide Plus works on: What URL are you using?

Old December 13th 09, 01:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Fred Owen

Same problem here. My last update was Dec. 11, now it cannot connect to
the server.

Old December 13th 09, 02:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Louie

FreonP wrote:
I am having the same problem. I have tried URLs
http://www.gemstarguide.com/gdndl/gdnget.asp and
http://144.198.100.134/gtidl/gdnet2.asp. I tried to go to
http://144.198.100.134/gtidl/gdnet2.asp and http://144.198.100.134/
in a web browser, and the site requires a password. To anyone who has
a system that Guide Plus works on: What URL are you using?

This is what I have in Reg:

1 REG_SZ http://gemstarguide.com/gdndl/gdnget.asp

2 REG_SZ http://gemstarnet.com/gtidl/gdnget.asp

URL REG_SZ http://www.gemstarguide.com/gdndl/gdnget.asp

HTH
--
Louie
Gainesville, FL

"My toys! My toys! I can't do this job without my toys!" - Anon

Old December 15th 09, 02:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Barry Watzman

Can you connect and update? TODAY (December 14th)?

If so, please contact me directly, I'd like to have you export your
registry key (JUST the Gemstar key) and let me try it.

The rest of you are giving me hope that it's purely coincidental that it
worked before my reinstall (12/09) and doesn't works since (12/12).

Actually there is a report on Rage 3D that Gemstar turned on
"authentication" (e.g. userid/password required) on the server sometime
last week. But this is unconfirmed.

Barry Watzman

Old December 15th 09, 04:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Louie

Louie wrote:
FreonP wrote:
I am having the same problem. I have tried URLs
http://www.gemstarguide.com/gdndl/gdnget.asp and
http://144.198.100.134/gtidl/gdnet2.asp. I tried to go to
http://144.198.100.134/gtidl/gdnet2.asp and http://144.198.100.134/
in a web browser, and the site requires a password. To anyone who
has a system that Guide Plus works on: What URL are you using?

This is what I have in Reg:

1 REG_SZ http://gemstarguide.com/gdndl/gdnget.asp

2 REG_SZ http://gemstarnet.com/gtidl/gdnget.asp

URL REG_SZ http://www.gemstarguide.com/gdndl/gdnget.asp

HTH

Barry,

There seems to be a problem with Gemstar. I just updated my listings this
past Sunday but today (Monday) I get a server timeout error when trying to
update. Tried the program update wizard and still get a timeout. I even
tried to go to gemstarguide.com & gemstar.com but no joy.

Do still want the want the key or would you rather wait untill I can
connect? You are the first to mention the Rage 3D forum about
authentication AFAIK.

I will keep trying to update and will let you know when and how I succeed or
not.

Old December 15th 09, 05:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Barry Watzman

The key is only useful if it comes from someone for whom Gemstar is
working RIGHT NOW. It seems that the problem isn't me, and may not be
anything on my end (or any of our ends). Which, however, raises a
question as to whether it's down for good or only temporarily.

Old December 16th 09, 12:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Barry Watzman

Default Gemstar GuidePlus - Can ANYONE connect and update? [TODAY, 12/15/09]?

Can ANYONE connect and update Gemstar GuidePlus as of today, 12/15/2009?

If so .... we want your URL Regedit key !!
Old December 22nd 09, 05:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Louie

Barry Watzman wrote:
Can ANYONE connect and update Gemstar GuidePlus as of today,
12/15/2009?
If so .... we want your URL Regedit key !!

GuidePlus is back up! :-)

Louie
Gainesville, FL

Gemstar Plus bjd Ati Videocards 12 June 4th 06 04:43 PM
WTF is wrong with GemStar GuidePlus?? Gypsy Baron Ati Videocards 2 May 24th 06 04:52 AM
Beyond TV SE to Gemstar? Radius Maximus Ati Videocards 0 January 1st 06 05:22 PM
Gemstar GuidePlus 'Disappearing Mouse Pointer' FIX that SEEMS to work.... I discuss Ati Videocards 3 June 12th 04 02:54 AM
help with Gemstar Plus John Smallberries Ati Videocards 7 December 13th 03 09:09 PM