PC Parts from China

Old October 30th 11, 08:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Searcher7

Default PC Parts from China

I have ASUS A7VBX ATX and Via EPIA-933AFIC Mini-ITX motherboards, and
need to get I/O panels and cables so I can put these two systems
together.

Specifically, I am having a difficult time finding an In/Out back
panel for the ITX motherboard:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...oardShield.jpg

So it looks as though I'll be forced to order it from China:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200579423871

Since I'll also need SATA (power and data) cables and other things(PCI
cards, and jumpers) for the ASUS ATX. motherboard and I've read that
some cables are garbage I wanted to ask if there was a way to
determine cable quality *before* I place an international order. Is
there anything I should look for? A particular cable brand?

Should I just stay away from all the Chinese parts except for the
needed Mini-ITX back panel?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Old October 30th 11, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
John Doe

Searcher7 Searcher7 mail.con2.com wrote:

Should I just stay away from all the Chinese parts

Yes, you should. Communist Chinese slave labor is a bad thing.
Unfortunately, two major forces in democratic countries are
ruining democracy. Big business loves Communist Chinese slave
labor in order to increase profits. Women love Communist Chinese
slave labor because it means lower prices. That is what has ruined
manufacturing and infrastructure. All the talk about restoring
manufacturing and infrastructure is just talk, at least until they
can figure out how to give manufacturing and infrastructure jobs
to women and enrich the rich by doing so. Trade based on natural
resources and climate is a good thing. Trade based on Communist
Chinese slave labor is a bad thing. Some people think they are
being charitable by buying Communist Chinese slave labor made
products. They claim to be helping feed the Chinese. But in fact,
they are just trying to justify taking advantage of Communist
Chinese slave labor, putting their fellow countrymen out of work,
so they can save a few pennies at the store. Greed is not good.
Greed is digging us into a ********. Instead, Democratic leaders
should come together and shun Communist Chinese slave labor.
Communist China is nothing without our markets. We have proved
that before, before libertarian "Greed is good, jobs Americans
won't do, I couldn't care less about anything except money"
leadership took over. If you don't want to end up like the
Communist Chinese, avoid buying Communist Chinese slave labor
products whenever possible.

From: Searcher7 Searcher7 mail.con2.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: PC Parts from China
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:53:36 -0700 (PDT)

Old October 30th 11, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
Fishface[_2_]

John Doe wrote:

Communist Chinese slave labor is a bad thing.

My new Asrock motherboard was only designed in Taipei and
made in China. I was bummed when I saw that.

I went to Ace Hardware to get a ball valve for a toilet water
supply. I could not find one that wasn't made in China.

Now, it seems, they have cornered the Rare Earth metals market.
http://www.dailytech.com/China+Cuts+...ticle23069.htm
Old October 30th 11, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"Fishface" fishface invalid.invalid wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Communist Chinese slave labor is a bad thing.

My new Asrock motherboard was only designed in Taipei and made
in China. I was bummed when I saw that.

I went to Ace Hardware to get a ball valve for a toilet water
supply. I could not find one that wasn't made in China.

Yup. But I will keep educating myself on the issue, like that, and
keep trying. Never surrender, even if your leaders do.
--

Now, it seems, they have cornered the Rare Earth metals market.
http://www.dailytech.com/China+Cuts+...etal+Supply/ar

ticle23069.htm

Old October 31st 11, 12:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Saving money because something is made with Communist Chinese
slave labor is a bad thing. Avoiding an unnecessary purchase
because the thing you are looking at is made with Communist
Chinese slave labor is a good idea
Old October 31st 11, 09:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
Fierce Guppy[_4_]

"John Doe" wrote in message
eb.com...
Searcher7 Searcher7 mail.con2.com wrote:

Should I just stay away from all the Chinese parts

Yes, you should. Communist Chinese slave labor is a bad thing.

Huh? Are you referring to China's Laogai population? That would make some
of your statements slightly more intelligible, else I can't make sense out
of anything you wrote.

Tony.

Old October 31st 11, 10:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Searcher7 wrote:
[...]

When you buy a retail motherboard, like the mini-ITX, a backplate
is bundled in the kit. This is an example of accessories sold with
a mini-ITX. The backplate is included.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5848/backplate.gif

When an Ebay seller, sells a used retail motherboard, they should pop
out the I/O plate and put it in the box with the motherboard. There is
no point "hoarding" I/O plates, since each one has custom dimensions and
odds are, won't fit any other motherboard. It should be shipped with the
motherboard. A seller should ask the buyer whether it is included,
before buying. That avoids this issue completely.

It is unlikely you'll be able to find an exact replacement, without
it being traceable to its source. If all motherboards are made in
a certain part of the world, then that's where the parts will come from.

*******

For SATA cables, I've never heard any complaints from people, about the
quality of the wire. But the moulding around the connector, can vary in
quality. If the dimensions are not tightly controlled, a connector can
have a too-high insertion force.

I would say in general though, you don't have anything to worry about.

Occasionally, I see people making references to "SATA III" cables.
The design intent has always been, to be able to use the same cables
regardless of rate. Whether purchasing a SATA III cable for a SATA III
application is an absolute necessity, I have no evidence one way or another.
Presumably if an attempt to run at SATA III rates, resulted in a high error
rate, the negotiation process would just run at a lower rate.

My answer to your question would be:

1) Don't bother installing the backing plate.

Forget about it.

Or email the seller, and get it from them. There is no point in them
hoarding it, as they're only going to have to pull the plate, before
installing the next motherboard.

The backplate does two things. May help control EMI (radio emissions), but
the computer case leaks like a sieve anyway, so that is hardly an advantage.
It also helps direct ESD or electrostatic discharge. Without the I/O plate,
the rear connectors are as exposed to static discharge, as the front ports
on the computer case. Not a big deal. Discharge yourself to the chassis,
before connecting a cable.

2) Buy SATA cables domestically. If you buy from a source, where there
are customer reviews, you can gain the benefit of the actual users feedback
about the product. Both a foreign and a domestic seller, will want a
"middleman profit", and by buying domestically, a domestic seller will
benefit from your purchase. The foreigner will get the "bulk price" for
the material, with a somewhat lower profit margin.

And the courier service, reaps the profit from all transactions.

HTH,
Paul
Old October 31st 11, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
John Doe

"Fierce Guppy" fierce.guppy handslap.com.au wrote:

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote
[...]

Huh?

Reading comprehension problem?

Are you referring to China's Laogai population?

I'm referring to Communist Chinese slave labor. The same that was
recently documented in a PBS special program.

Do you know what "communism" is? Communist China is a Communist
country where they have no freedom of religion or freedom of
speech. It is a place full of Communist Chinese slave laborers
that you will never even chat with on the Internet. Anybody in
Communist China who attempts to form a labor union is sent to a
"reeducation" labor camp. Those Communist Chinese slave laborers
live in more cramped conditions than on one of our Navy ships, and
less sanitary. They are paid barely enough to buy their own food.
Think about that when you go to the store and insist on saving a
few pennies while putting your fellow countrymen out of a job.

That would make some of your statements

The statements you removed.

slightly more intelligible, else I can't make sense out of
anything you wrote.

That's because you are a selfish greedy *******. You're
encouraging Communist Chinese slave labor while putting your
fellow countrymen out of work, just so that you can save a few
pennies when you go to the store. The love of money is the root of
all evil.
--

Tony.

Australia?
From: "Fierce Guppy" fierce.guppy handslap.com.au
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:42:58 +1300

Old October 31st 11, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
Fierce Guppy[_4_]

"John Doe" wrote in message
b.com...
"Fierce Guppy" fierce.guppy handslap.com.au wrote:

[...]

Huh?

Reading comprehension problem?

Your little soapbox rant is an unstructured mash-up of unproven assertions
without any underlying explanations, i.e., gibberish. Someone who has seen
this PBS "special program" maybe can make sense out of what you wrote, but
there's no PBS in my country and less then 1% or the Worlds populations will
have seen it or will ever see it.

Tony.

Old October 31st 11, 06:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
John Doe

[...]

Says a troll who can only hurl obscure insults, who is not even
brave enough to make assertions about the subject (let alone
explanations). You want deeper explanations, ask. You want to run
and hide, hasta la vista baby. You want to insult me, **** you
asshole.

Someone who has seen this PBS "special program" maybe can make
sense out of what you wrote, but there's no PBS in my country
and less then 1% or the Worlds populations will have seen it or
will ever see it.

Then try common sense. But first you must remove the "greed is
good" blinders. Besides, our intellectual property is like broken
off fire hydrant. Anybody who is half proficient at using the
Internet can see anything we see (unless they live in Communist
China).
--

Tony.

news.glorb.com!feeder.erje.net!feeder.news-service.com!
aioe.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: "Fierce Guppy" fierce.guppy handslap.com.au
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 06:40:00 +1300

1g2000vbx.googlegroups.com 4eadbd2b$0$23533$c3e8da3$f017e9df
news.astraweb.com j8lqik$khp$1 speranza.aioe.org 4eaed1a8$0$5466
$c3e8da3$eb767761 news.astraweb.com

reply-type=original