DVD/R/W/RAM won't Copy - O/S Vista

Old May 23rd 09, 05:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
dkliner

Default DVD/R/W/RAM won't Copy - O/S Vista

I recently purchased a Gateway DX4200-09 with Vista, 64-bit, X4 9100e
Quad-Core Processor, 4GB DDR2, 640GB HD, ATI Radion HD 3200 and
SuperMulti-format DVD+/ -RW Optical Drive w/ LabelFlash.

First thing I did was create Recovery Disk as it didn't come with the
system. I did fight long enough with Gateway and have since received
the System and Recovery Disk.

Problem is the system now shows it as DVD / CD ROM drove and will not
write or copy to a DVD. I am using the same DVD+RW disks I used to
create the Recovery disk on.

I would rather not loose my files by using the recovery disk since I
can't copy my files to disk.

I have tried updating and removing the driver but still will not work.

Please help.

--
dkliner
Old May 23rd 09, 09:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
PvdG42

"dkliner" wrote in message

I recently purchased a Gateway DX4200-09 with Vista, 64-bit, X4 9100e
Quad-Core Processor, 4GB DDR2, 640GB HD, ATI Radion HD 3200 and
SuperMulti-format DVD+/ -RW Optical Drive w/ LabelFlash.

First thing I did was create Recovery Disk as it didn't come with the
system. I did fight long enough with Gateway and have since received
the System and Recovery Disk.

Problem is the system now shows it as DVD / CD ROM drove and will not
write or copy to a DVD. I am using the same DVD+RW disks I used to
create the Recovery disk on.

I would rather not loose my files by using the recovery disk since I
can't copy my files to disk.

I have tried updating and removing the driver but still will not work.

Please help.

--
dkliner

New Gateway? Use Gateway tech support, then invoke the warranty if they
cannot help.

Old May 24th 09, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

.. -------------------------- ------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

dkliner wrote:

I recently purchased a Gateway DX4200-09 with Vista, 64-bit, X4 9100e
Quad-Core Processor, 4GB DDR2, 640GB HD, ATI Radion HD 3200 and
SuperMulti-format DVD+/ -RW Optical Drive w/ LabelFlash.

First thing I did was create Recovery Disk as it didn't come with the
system. I did fight long enough with Gateway and have since received
the System and Recovery Disk.

Problem is the system now shows it as DVD / CD ROM drove and will not
write or copy to a DVD. I am using the same DVD+RW disks I used to
create the Recovery disk on.

I would rather not loose my files by using the recovery disk since I
can't copy my files to disk.

I have tried updating and removing the driver but still will not work.

What program did you use to make the recovery disc the first time? When
did the problem appear? Perhaps uninstall/reinstall the burn software?

Some Winxp/sp2 had the same problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883523