Don't buy Asus motherboards

Old August 3rd 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
anon aka

Default Don't buy Asus motherboards

The software support for Asus motherboards is the worst in the industry. I
have used and recommended Asus for years but something has changed. They
seem to be struggling in their software support. The motherboard download
site run by bumbling idiots that can never get it right. I won't trust Asus
ever again.

Oldspook

Old August 4th 08, 02:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Ian D

"Mike" wrote in message
Asus rules, I'm a customer for life

Hear, hear. I've found that, lately the US Asus site is a lot
more responsive than in the past. I've been getting
downloads at almost broadband speeds, rather than
the previous snail-paced dial-up speeds.

Old August 4th 08, 03:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Zootal

"Ian D" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Asus rules, I'm a customer for life

Hear, hear. I've found that, lately the US Asus site is a lot
more responsive than in the past. I've been getting
downloads at almost broadband speeds, rather than
the previous snail-paced dial-up speeds.

The Asus site has never been robust, and I've been using it and Asus boards
for over 10 years. My CUSL2 finally died, I got about 10 years aout of it
(it was my first Asus board). However....the M2AVM is a piece of crap, was
were they thinking when they made it???

Old August 4th 08, 05:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
~misfit~[_3_]

Somewhere on teh intarweb "anon aka" typed:
The software support for Asus motherboards is the worst in the
industry. I have used and recommended Asus for years but something
has changed. They seem to be struggling in their software support.
The motherboard download site run by bumbling idiots that can never
get it right. I won't trust Asus ever again.

Asus rock! They're the only boards I'll buy. The latest two have been
particularly good.
--
Shaun.

Old August 4th 08, 07:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Vito Corti

On 04.08.08 04:15:26 "Zootal" wrote:

The Asus site has never been robust, and I've been using it and Asus boards
for over 10 years. My CUSL2 finally died, I got about 10 years aout of it
(it was my first Asus board). However....the M2AVM is a piece of crap, was
were they thinking when they made it???

Can you elaborate? I own a M2A-VM and so far have not encountered any
serious problems.

Old August 4th 08, 05:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
007[_3_]

"Zootal" wrote in message

My CUSL2 finally died, I got about 10 years aout of it
(it was my first Asus board). However....the M2AVM is a piece of crap, was
were they thinking when they made it???

P5K - another piece of crap...

Old August 4th 08, 10:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Basil

"007" wrote in :

P5K - another piece of crap...

What's wrong with the P5K? Considering I have been running a P5K for at
least a year now with no issues at all I can only surmise that you don't
actually own one and have your head up your ass.
Old August 4th 08, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Basil

Derek MacKeddie wrote in
:

Depends on the version of the BIOS that you're using on it, the earlier
versions are definately better than the latest ones.

In what way? I want factual details and not vague opinion.