9800GX2 Immediate Availability

Old March 19th 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Default 9800GX2 Immediate Availability

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ion=980 0+GX2
"Only" $599. Limit 50 per customer. :-)

Old March 19th 08, 03:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"First of One" wrote in message
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ion=980 0+GX2
"Only" $599. Limit 50 per customer. :-)

For $540 (actual non-rebate price) one can get two EVGA OC G92 8800GTS
512Mb cards and SLI them. And I suspect they'd perform on par with that $600
9800GX2. I've seen the comparisons of twin vanilla 8800GT's in SLI against
the GX2. I've yet to see an OC G92 8800GTS SLI comparison.

Old March 19th 08, 03:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

The 9800GX2 is for all intents and purposes 2x 8800GTS cards in SLI, with
the core slightly underclocked, and it performs accordingly:
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ3NSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

I posted the Newegg link as a joke. Though bear in mind the $599 price seems
to be squarely MSRP. Over the next few days it will probably fall to more
reasonable levels.

Old March 19th 08, 03:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

The really crazy part is, back in April 2006 I paid the same price for an
X1900XT... a few months later I ordered a 2nd one.

Old March 19th 08, 04:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Augustus wrote:
"First of One" wrote in message
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ion=980 0+GX2
"Only" $599. Limit 50 per customer. :-)

For $540 (actual non-rebate price) one can get two EVGA OC G92 8800GTS
512Mb cards and SLI them. And I suspect they'd perform on par with that $600
9800GX2. I've seen the comparisons of twin vanilla 8800GT's in SLI against
the GX2. I've yet to see an OC G92 8800GTS SLI comparison.

$540? NewEgg has two (After rebate but work with me) GTS's at the $210
price point, so that would be $440...I think you meant to type $440

I'd spring for the MSI one, get Witcher, and hold off installing it
until May when the US-English version patch/update is slated to be released.

Old March 19th 08, 04:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

$540? NewEgg has two (After rebate but work with me) GTS's at the $210
price point, so that would be $440...I think you meant to type $440

I'd spring for the MSI one, get Witcher, and hold off installing it until
May when the US-English version patch/update is slated to be released.

Well, $420 actually, but yes you can get 8800GTS units for peanuts if you're
willing to wait for the money back. I always view mail-in-rebates like
scratch and win tickets that you keep in your coat pocket for 3-4 months.
Plus I wanted the cheapest right-now priced factory OC GTS. Even if the
9800X2 comes down by $100-$125 it's a crapola deal. And I suspect that those
bottom end 8800GTS's in SLI would match or beat it.

Old March 19th 08, 08:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bill

In article Q20Ej.111025$w57.57188@edtnps90,
says...
$540? NewEgg has two (After rebate but work with me) GTS's at the $210
price point, so that would be $440...I think you meant to type $440

I'd spring for the MSI one, get Witcher, and hold off installing it until
May when the US-English version patch/update is slated to be released.

Well, $420 actually, but yes you can get 8800GTS units for peanuts if you're
willing to wait for the money back. I always view mail-in-rebates like
scratch and win tickets that you keep in your coat pocket for 3-4 months.
Plus I wanted the cheapest right-now priced factory OC GTS. Even if the
9800X2 comes down by $100-$125 it's a crapola deal. And I suspect that those
bottom end 8800GTS's in SLI would match or beat it.

I just bought that card Monday at Newegg and it was 5 dollars
more. Oh well. Installed it an hour ago using the 169.21 drivers.
Too bad my board doesn't do SLI.

Bill

Watercooled 9800GX2 First of One[_2_] Nvidia Videocards 4 March 11th 08 12:30 AM
9800GX2 30% faster than 8800 Ultra Mr.E Solved! Nvidia Videocards 11 January 24th 08 07:09 PM
DVD-R DL Availability? NBK Cdr 5 July 5th 04 07:07 AM
cd-r 1-4x availability Andy Cdr 10 January 3rd 04 04:26 AM