Users of Win98se & IDE drives, better disable 2 functions* for SCSI,

Old July 18th 07, 06:07 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
TE Chea

Default Users of Win98se & IDE drives, better disable 2 functions* for SCSI,

in os's device manager, to get e.g. 5.5-7.6 % more speed (
cached & uncached per WinTune 98 ) on SiS 530 & ata33, or
2.1-24.1 % on VIA kt266a & ata133. My LG dvd drive's score
in BCM diagnostic rose fr 36 to 37x, only now can PowerDvd
fast forward play smoothly @32x.
Win95 does not enable these 2 * ( Disconnect & Sync data
transfer ) by default for IDE drives, but Win98se does ( just
like dblbuff.sys for SCSI is unnecessarily loaded into ram, by
default ) : these 3 designs are ridiculous, how many users have
SCSI hrdwre ( very costly ) ? IDE drives work faster in GUI if
these 2 * are disabled, & faster in DOS ( more free base ram )
if DoubleBuffer is not loaded, has any1 here gotten similar
result ?
These 3 flaws made me suffer : [i] I had to wait for Windows
Explorer to list IDE drives esp cd drive ( which I had to dis
connect, to avoid this wait ), until now [ii] ScanDisk & Defrag
( esp if not replaced by WinME versions ) were so slow on
some hdd`s ( esp with Intel controllers e.g. mercury / LX / BX
), I had to wait 4-6 hours. I like to see licensed users sue Ms
for a 5-10% refund of retail price.