Voltage on an AM2 Sempron 3000+

Old December 23rd 06, 01:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Strutter1982

Default Voltage on an AM2 Sempron 3000+

Hi, I've been having a fiddle with my current system, and I've currently got
it running stable at about 1900Mhz from the stock 1600Mhz, this running at
stock voltages and untouched memory settings.
I was going to try upping the voltage slightly to see if i can get a little
more out of it, but i'm confused on what settings to use... It's reporting
that it's currently running at 1.55v, but when i go to change it in the
bios, 1.55 seems to be the maximum setting available. I thought it should be
running at about 1.375volts at stock?

My system specs are;

Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G (Nforce 430 chipset)
AMD AM2 Sempron 3000+ (codename Egypt)
Hynix 533Mhz DDR2

Old December 23rd 06, 08:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 01:14:48 +0000, Strutter1982 wrote:

Hi, I've been having a fiddle with my current system, and I've currently got
it running stable at about 1900Mhz from the stock 1600Mhz, this running at
stock voltages and untouched memory settings.
I was going to try upping the voltage slightly to see if i can get a little
more out of it, but i'm confused on what settings to use... It's reporting
that it's currently running at 1.55v, but when i go to change it in the
bios, 1.55 seems to be the maximum setting available. I thought it should be
running at about 1.375volts at stock?

My system specs are;

Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G (Nforce 430 chipset)
AMD AM2 Sempron 3000+ (codename Egypt)
Hynix 533Mhz DDR2

Default violtages for the AM2 Sempron 3000+ are 1.20v to 1.40v. if yours
is set to 1.55v, you've either set it there, it's not getting reported
properly, or something is wrong. To know what the exact default voltage
is for your particular CPU, you'd have to look at the part number on it.

Old December 23rd 06, 09:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
TE Chea

| Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G
In 8-06 I noticed Gigabyte & MSI s940 mboards have no Vcore
control, & refused to buy. Wasted my time chking their owners
' manuals, I'll boycott them.

| Default violtages for the AM2 Sempron 3000+ are 1.20v to 1.40v
A s940 sempron I assembled worked fine @0.95v, @200mhz
x 8. AMD's Vcores are always too damn high : my applebred
jams by 50șC ( I use a bulb to cut 12v to 7.3v to reduce rpm &
noise ), my Jetway v266b cannot reduce Vcore.
Plain waste of users' electricity, despite many cities ( incl
New York in 7-06 ) on earth have inadequate electricity. Win
XP home edtn does not even have cpu cooling. I'll boycott
AMD when IBM & VIA make these cpu`s.

Old December 23rd 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:40:15 +0800, TE Chea wrote:

| Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G
In 8-06 I noticed Gigabyte & MSI s940 mboards have no Vcore
control, & refused to buy. Wasted my time chking their owners
' manuals, I'll boycott them.

| Default violtages for the AM2 Sempron 3000+ are 1.20v to 1.40v
A s940 sempron I assembled worked fine @0.95v, @200mhz
x 8. AMD's Vcores are always too damn high : my applebred
jams by 50șC ( I use a bulb to cut 12v to 7.3v to reduce rpm &
noise ), my Jetway v266b cannot reduce Vcore.
Plain waste of users' electricity, despite many cities ( incl
New York in 7-06 ) on earth have inadequate electricity. Win
XP home edtn does not even have cpu cooling. I'll boycott
AMD when IBM & VIA make these cpu`s.

Strange since the Gigabyte, MSI, and Jetway boards I've used all had cpu
voltage control in the bios. If you want to conserve electricity, change
all your incandesant light bulbs to flouresant, turn off your central air
and get room AC's.

Old December 23rd 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Ed Light

Try alt + F1 in the Gigabyte bios. That often brings in an extra menu with
goodies they don't want newbies to discover.

--
Ed Light

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org