Symptoms of clogging?

Old November 26th 06, 01:39 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mike38

Default Symptoms of clogging?

I'm new to this so I hope I have followed the correct procedures.

I have a Canon iP5000 which worked fine for about one year. Now all
prints (except black only) have a pronounced pink colour. Is this a
sign of clogging or what? I've tried all maintenance procedures,
alignment, nozzle check et. I have also reinstalled software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

Old November 26th 06, 01:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Mike38" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm new to this so I hope I have followed the correct procedures.

I have a Canon iP5000 which worked fine for about one year. Now all
prints (except black only) have a pronounced pink colour. Is this a
sign of clogging or what? I've tried all maintenance procedures,
alignment, nozzle check et. I have also reinstalled software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

Mike - did the "etc" include the cleaning routines in the software? How
were the nozzle checks? Could also be an ink cart that isn't feeding as
well as it should. Poor ink flow from a cart can happen with aftermarket
carts and has also been documented with Canon OEM carts by one participant
on this NG. If you have done the cleaning cycles and the nozzle check is
ok, change out the carts (probably the cyan is at fault if it is a cart) and
see if that solves the problem. If not you can go onto the Nifty-stuff
forum, check in, click the FAQ link at the top of the page, and read through
the first FAQ - what to do when the printer isn't printing properly. Lots
of hints on cleaning a printhead when the software cleanings don't solve the
problem.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

Old November 26th 06, 09:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

You must be using at some time non genuine ink in the printer. I have
always used Canon ink and have never had a problem.

Old November 26th 06, 03:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Taliesyn

measekite wrote:

I have always used Canon ink and have never had a problem.

Me too!

I have always used aftermarket (both refill and prefilled) ink and have
never had a problem on my iP5000 - almost two years now. So I guess that
makes your statement kind of meaningless. Generally, clogging is
caused more by lack of use (several weeks of inactivity), not WHAT you
use, regardless whether it be OEM or aftermarket. If the gentlemen
suspects clogging beyond the limits of the printer's cleaning and deep
cleaning routines he might wish to clean the printhead manually,
removing it from the printer, as suggested in
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/. If nozzle checks show as fine and the
colors are still off he might want to contact Canon. If there is the
slightest streaking in a nozzle check in the color bands, some nozzles
are either clogged or burned out. That's my take.

-Taliesyn

Old November 27th 06, 07:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

measekite wrote:
You must be using at some time non genuine ink in the printer. I have
always used Canon ink and have never had a problem.

********. I had a BJC-250 which never had 3rd party inks and that got
clogged to f***k. have you got an obsessional illness, measkite, or are
you autistic? Why can't you let go of the Canon ink thing? Have you
ever had a girlfriend? Wait - don't tell me - she had a Canon printer
and she totally failed to see your point of view when you put her
right about ink refills?

Old November 27th 06, 09:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Taliesyn wrote:
measekite wrote:

I have always used Canon ink and have never had a problem.

Me too!

I have always used aftermarket (both refill and prefilled) ink and have
never had a problem on my iP5000 - almost two years now. So I guess that
makes your statement kind of

meaningful since I know that you are not totally forthcoming. How much
did your replacement printhead cost? :-D
meaningless. Generally, clogging is caused more by lack of use
(several weeks of inactivity), not WHAT you use, regardless whether it
be OEM or aftermarket. If the gentlemen
suspects clogging beyond the limits of the printer's cleaning and deep
cleaning routines he might wish to clean the printhead manually,
removing it from the printer, as suggested in
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/.

the cult you belong to.
If nozzle checks show as fine and the colors are still off he might
want to contact Canon. If there is the slightest streaking in a nozzle
check in the color bands, some nozzles are either clogged or burned
out. That's my take.

-Taliesyn

And you know more about fading than Wilhelm

Old November 28th 06, 01:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Taliesyn

measekite wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

measekite wrote:

I have always used Canon ink and have never had a problem.

Me too!

I have always used aftermarket (both refill and prefilled) ink and have
never had a problem on my iP5000 - almost two years now. So I guess that
makes your statement kind of

meaningful since I know that you are not totally forthcoming. How much
did your replacement printhead cost? :-D

Neither the iP5000 or the iP4000 have had a printhead change. Both are
still using original issue printheads with 1000% aftermarket ink - and
they're loving it. That's coming up to almost 4 years total of
interrupted perfect printing. Unlike you, I have no need to lie, since
I'm always telling the truth. Truth hurts, doesn't it.

And you know more about fading than Wilhelm

Actually, to be perfectly frank, Frank - and sincere, I don't know
anything at all about fading. And that is the simple truth because I
have seen none from my experience. Everything that I have printed of
value is behind glass or in drawers and is in absolutely mint fresh
pristine condition. So I have no experience with fading. Maybe you can
fill me in on when I will see it.

As we speak I am running off copies of the Christmas card I designed and
printed - one copy of - last Christmas for use as this year's model.
Guess what, the card I just printed is 100% identical in
color/brightness/contrast to last year's which shows not even the
slightest fading, whatever that is. Measekite, if you could see the
brilliant blue, gold, and orange of my greeting card, you'd cry! So
guess what, no fading. Sorry, again I can't speak about fading because I
have seen none. Ah, but that's no surprise to me. It's been like that
for years.

It's too bad Wilhelm suffers from fading. Maybe it's the crud inks he
uses, ever consider that. Do I have to tell the so-called "expert" where
to shop too? ;-) C'mon, give me a break! I'm a busy man. . .

-Taliesyn
Old November 28th 06, 01:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Taliesyn wrote:
measekite wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

measekite wrote:

[...]

OH YEAH
[...]

You just cannot beleive a Kid
Old December 1st 06, 12:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

measekite (Canon OEM ink zealot) wrote:
You just cannot beleive a Kid

and no one believes you...

Print Volume vs. Clogging TJ Printers 13 August 29th 06 01:31 PM
What do these symptoms suggest? Michael Hawes Homebuilt PC's 0 June 6th 06 11:39 PM
Ink Clogging Epson 820 vs HP 7760 measekite Printers 2 July 14th 05 10:21 AM
Clogging with Canon i9900 ? Tiberre Printers 12 January 9th 05 03:31 AM
Epson R800 ink clogging concerns Michael Christie Printers 5 June 25th 04 01:04 AM