1 Jetway s940 mboard ( M2GT6-PTD ) is unstable & has design flaws

Old August 21st 06, 04:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
TE Chea

Default 1 Jetway s940 mboard ( M2GT6-PTD ) is unstable & has design flaws

http://www.jetway.com.tw/jetway/syst...me=M2GT6%2DPTD
1 mounting hole is in a wrong place ( cannot align with casing's
mounting point ), 2 holes are missing so 2 of casing's mounting points
( 1 can touch or spark with 1 IDE socket's pins below mboard ) can
short circuit mboard ! Bios under reports cpu temperature. North &
south bridges are damn hot & have no fan, & no stabler with fan cooling.
I tried 3 units of this mboard, all are bad. Don't let this mboard waste
your time / energy / petrol / electricity ( like it wasted mine ).
As comparison, another model http://www.jetway.com.tw/jetway/syst...me=M2GT4%2DSOG
is perfectly stable & flawless, when used with the same cpu + dimms
+ psu.+ casing + keyboard + mouse + monitor + avr.
Are other brands' with nVidia GeForce 6100 *north bridge stable ? I
decided not to try them ; I suspect this * is unstable. Does any1 here
use * ?

Old August 21st 06, 10:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

In article , "TE Chea" wrote:

[...]

Note that sometimes Jetway products have "Machspeed" product branding.
Jetway is the bottom of the barrel. Stay far away.

Paul
Old August 22nd 06, 06:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Wes Newell

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:27:53 +0000, Paul wrote:

In article , "TE Chea" wrote:

[...]

And sometimes people don't know micro ATX from ATX.:-)

I just replaced a Jetway S755MAX board. Not because it was bad. Just
because I went to an AM2 X2 CPU. The Jetway board was one of the best I'd
ever had. It had been running 24/7 since march of 2004, aand with all 5
PCI filled for the Last 8 months. Never a problem. And when the so called
experts (Tom, Anand, etc.) couldn't get the FSB up to 233MHz on any early
K8 boards, it only took me about 1 minute to do it with the bottom of the
barrel board I had.:-)

Oh, and my other 2 systems here at home have ECS boards.:-) No problems
out of them either. can't really recall ever having major MB problems with
any board I've used. But I've only built several hundred systems. I'm sure
that doesn't really mean anything. Will a corvette out run a VW? not if
there's a 2 year old behind the wheel of the vette.:-)

Old August 22nd 06, 08:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Wasdrogan

remember AMD was once considered "bottom of the barrel"...

most of todays top hardware manufacturers were at some point the "bottom of
the barrel"

if it does whats it is supposed to do its fine with me if its cheap even
better.