PING: McG - SLI and Oblivion

Old March 27th 06, 12:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default PING: McG - SLI and Oblivion

Hey McG (and anyone else),

You running Oblivion in SLI? I get the Windoze start button flickering if I
play in SLI...as you can imagine I ain't a happy chappie.

Old March 28th 06, 04:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default McG - SLI and Oblivion

That was the optimization nVidia talked about...

Jokes aside, have you tried forcing a different SLI mode (alternate-frame
versus split-frame, etc.)?

Old March 28th 06, 06:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"First of One" wrote in message
That was the optimization nVidia talked about...

Jokes aside, have you tried forcing a different SLI mode (alternate-frame
versus split-frame, etc.)?

I'm super new to SLI - how do I go about that? At the moment I think it's
alternate frame...
Thanks for your help...

Old March 28th 06, 08:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"First of One" wrote in message
That was the optimization nVidia talked about...

Jokes aside, have you tried forcing a different SLI mode (alternate-frame
versus split-frame, etc.)?

OK! I worked out how to enable this, and I have tried all the different
modes - both AFR modes, SFR, SLI8x and SLI16x, even single GPU rendering and
of course auto-select.

I still get the flicker!

Unless...*goes away to fiddle* AH-HA! The problem appears to be the
particular skin I'm using with WindowsBlinds. I disabled it, and the
flickering went away - the nVidia control panel also started asking me 'The
profile...is being used by multiple applications...' that it's apparently
meant to when you change settings to a profile.

However, I've just turned my skin back on, nVidia still asks me to change
the profile if I make any modifications and the flickering has gone away!

Strange...I really don't know why it suddenly decided to start working, but
I'm happy.

Thankyou!

Old March 29th 06, 12:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"DC" wrote in message
Hey McG (and anyone else),

You running Oblivion in SLI? I get the Windoze start button flickering
if I play in SLI...as you can imagine I ain't a happy chappie.

I play oblivion in either single gpu or SLI. runs slightly choppy in
action sequences with single gpu at times. SLI does great. Er, I don't
use Windows blinds or that kind of thing yet. Not in x64.
McG.

Old March 30th 06, 02:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"DC" wrote in message
Hey McG (and anyone else),

You running Oblivion in SLI? I get the Windoze start button flickering
if I play in SLI...as you can imagine I ain't a happy chappie.

I play oblivion in either single gpu or SLI. runs slightly choppy in
action sequences with single gpu at times. SLI does great. Er, I
don't use Windows blinds or that kind of thing yet. Not in x64.
McG.

*dreamily* SLI is great....

Old March 31st 06, 02:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"DC"
snippage
Hey McG (and anyone else),

You running Oblivion in SLI? I get the Windoze start button flickering
if I play in SLI...as you can imagine I ain't a happy chappie.

I play oblivion in either single gpu or SLI. runs slightly choppy in
action sequences with single gpu at times. SLI does great. Er, I
don't use Windows blinds or that kind of thing yet. Not in x64.
McG.

*dreamily* SLI is great....

SLI is great. When I want to get into a long session of one of my games, I
enable SLI multi GPU render and enjoy the smoothest gameplay I've ever seen
FEAR really benefits from SLI!!!
McG.