Dual Layer Burners

Old September 7th 04, 10:41 AM
Venom

"Steve Wolfe" wrote in message
You blokes obviously don`t know that Sony bought out Liteon a while back

?

But of course. I've been buying nothing but Sony CD drives for years,
because they've always been 100% reliable - not a single failure. Well,

not
until they started selling Liteon drives with the Sony label on them.

Once
that happened, I've started seeing failures from them (even relatively new
drives), while I still haven't seen a failure in any of the older drives.

steve

At the risk of needing flame proof gear, I agree 100% with Steve.
I have a Sony CD burner in each of my computers for yonks and have never had
an ounce of drama with any of them.
I decided to install a Sony DVD burner and in nearly a year of service have
never had problems there either.
I only use Nero, (now 6 ultra)and Elby Clone CD and DVD2. There is nothing I
can`t burn.
Last week I installed the new Sony dual layer burner that sure looks like a
Liteon but as I havn`t had it for long I can`t say if it will be as trouble
free as the other Sony burners I own. I run XP Pro with SP1 and my computers
are pretty quick.

Old September 7th 04, 03:40 PM
Robert Jackson

dont get offended people... thats just pathetic.... its mere opinion
"Coxie" wrote in message
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Old September 7th 04, 09:08 PM

"Coxie" wrote in message
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

You said :

" Definitely go with Lite-on. great dual layer burner at a cheap
price. nec is junky in my experience and sony is same quality at a
higher price "

Evidence has it, that clearly it is the case that you have no
experience of the NEC3500.

You are entitled to your own opinion . . . . but you can not have your
own truth. You have never compared the two. Please, at least, go and
read some reviews on the subject and get some enlightenment.

People who jump in like this with misleading and uninformed advice
have never backed up anything but their homework.

BoroLad
Old September 7th 04, 11:41 PM
Venom

Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Up to this point in time I have had a good run from the Sony brand burners.
I have 5 of them mounted in my main computers and one mounted in an external
USB case which gets a bit of use backing up other folks data for them. I
have no complaints with these CD burners.
I have used a Sony DVD burner for nearly a year now and it has well and
truly earned it`s keep, trouble free.
None of this means a hill of **** to the poaster as he is asking about Dual
Layer burners.
I feel confident in steering him toward Sony because the limited amount of
use my DRU-700A has had up to this point, has been good.
The poaster needs to know that his computer plays a major part in how well
his burner will perform and his choice of burning software is equally
critical for good trouble free burning. His choice of media is also
important, though his local blank supplier should be able to advise him
there.
The poaster should also ask himself if he really needs a dual layer burner.

Old September 8th 04, 02:51 AM
S.Heenan

Venom wrote:
[...]

The HP 7100 and 9x00 series were made by Sony. I owned and used several.
AFAIK, all of them are still in functioning condition.
I've owned a few Lite-On CD burners, all of which seemed a little loud, but
they worked well.

My choices for a DVD burner would be Pioneer, NEC, and Plextor.

Old September 8th 04, 10:22 PM
Peter

"Coxie" schreef in bericht
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Plextor !

Old September 9th 04, 08:33 AM
Winey

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:00:03 GMT, "Venom" wrote:

You blokes obviously don`t know that Sony bought out Liteon a while back ?

OK, I'll bite. I didn't know that. So, can you show me some
evidence?

Old September 9th 04, 09:23 AM
LOL

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:33:32 -0700, Winey
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:00:03 GMT, "Venom" wrote:

You blokes obviously don`t know that Sony bought out Liteon a while back ?

OK, I'll bite. I didn't know that. So, can you show me some
evidence?

Yeah, look at the current Lite-On model numbers the first S stands for
SONY.

Don't believe it ? Check it out

Old September 9th 04, 09:25 AM

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:22:21 +0200, "Peter" wrote:

"Coxie" schreef in bericht
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Plextor !

Does Plextor have a dual layer burner ?

I looked at the reviews and bought a Pioneer 108.

Old September 10th 04, 08:14 AM
Winey

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:23:40 -0700, LOL wrote:

Yeah, look at the current Lite-On model numbers the first S stands for
SONY.

Don't believe it ? Check it out

Where?

DVD Formats [email protected] General 9 February 5th 05 06:31 PM
Dual layer, DVD/CD+/-R/W/RAM, pref.external, does it exist yet? MCheu General 4 January 31st 05 01:57 AM
BENQ 8x dvd burners better than Liteons? [email protected] General 0 April 30th 04 03:53 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW General 3 September 24th 03 10:37 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW Overclocking 3 September 24th 03 10:37 AM