Dual Layer Burners

Old September 6th 04, 12:28 PM
Coxie

Default Dual Layer Burners

Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Old September 6th 04, 12:58 PM
Mark

Sony

Old September 6th 04, 01:11 PM
Mal

"Mark" wrote in message
Sony
"Coxie" wrote in message
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Also have a look at Pioneer and NEC (had no problems with my single layer
NEC 1300A)

Old September 6th 04, 01:20 PM

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:28:29 +1000, "Coxie"
wrote:

Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Only one real choice - NEC3500 and 'Herries Firmware'
BoroLad
Old September 6th 04, 06:30 PM
S.Heenan

Coxie wrote:
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Pioneer 108 OEM.
It may be a while before DL media is readily available at a decent price.

Old September 6th 04, 08:44 PM
yoda

NEC3500

Old September 6th 04, 10:41 PM
Robert Jackson

Definitely go with Lite-on. great dual layer burner at a cheap price. nec is
junky in my experience and sony is same quality at a higher price

Old September 7th 04, 01:00 AM
Venom

You blokes obviously don`t know that Sony bought out Liteon a while back ?

Old September 7th 04, 03:06 AM
OldFartJAC

Yes we do. LiteOn and Sony, look slightly different but the same drive, and
have been for quite a while.

Old September 7th 04, 05:02 AM
Steve Wolfe

You blokes obviously don`t know that Sony bought out Liteon a while back ?

But of course. I've been buying nothing but Sony CD drives for years,
because they've always been 100% reliable - not a single failure. Well, not
until they started selling Liteon drives with the Sony label on them. Once
that happened, I've started seeing failures from them (even relatively new
drives), while I still haven't seen a failure in any of the older drives.

steve

DVD Formats [email protected] General 9 February 5th 05 07:31 PM
Dual layer, DVD/CD+/-R/W/RAM, pref.external, does it exist yet? MCheu General 4 January 31st 05 02:57 AM
BENQ 8x dvd burners better than Liteons? [email protected] General 0 April 30th 04 03:53 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW General 3 September 24th 03 10:37 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW Overclocking 3 September 24th 03 10:37 AM