Dual Layer Burners

Old September 6th 04, 12:28 PM
Coxie

Default Dual Layer Burners

Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Old September 6th 04, 12:58 PM
Mark

Sony

Old September 6th 04, 01:11 PM
Mal

"Mark" wrote in message
Sony
"Coxie" wrote in message
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Also have a look at Pioneer and NEC (had no problems with my single layer
NEC 1300A)

Old September 6th 04, 01:20 PM

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:28:29 +1000, "Coxie"
wrote:

Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Only one real choice - NEC3500 and 'Herries Firmware'
BoroLad
Old September 6th 04, 06:30 PM
S.Heenan

Coxie wrote:
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Pioneer 108 OEM.
It may be a while before DL media is readily available at a decent price.

Old September 6th 04, 08:44 PM
yoda

NEC3500

Old September 6th 04, 10:41 PM
Robert Jackson

Definitely go with Lite-on. great dual layer burner at a cheap price. nec is
junky in my experience and sony is same quality at a higher price

Old September 7th 04, 03:40 PM
Robert Jackson

dont get offended people... thats just pathetic.... its mere opinion

Old September 7th 04, 09:08 PM

You said :

" Definitely go with Lite-on. great dual layer burner at a cheap
price. nec is junky in my experience and sony is same quality at a
higher price "

Evidence has it, that clearly it is the case that you have no
experience of the NEC3500.

You are entitled to your own opinion . . . . but you can not have your
own truth. You have never compared the two. Please, at least, go and
read some reviews on the subject and get some enlightenment.

People who jump in like this with misleading and uninformed advice
have never backed up anything but their homework.

BoroLad
Old September 7th 04, 11:41 PM
Venom

Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Up to this point in time I have had a good run from the Sony brand burners.
I have 5 of them mounted in my main computers and one mounted in an external
USB case which gets a bit of use backing up other folks data for them. I
have no complaints with these CD burners.
I have used a Sony DVD burner for nearly a year now and it has well and
truly earned it`s keep, trouble free.
None of this means a hill of **** to the poaster as he is asking about Dual
Layer burners.
I feel confident in steering him toward Sony because the limited amount of
use my DRU-700A has had up to this point, has been good.
The poaster needs to know that his computer plays a major part in how well
his burner will perform and his choice of burning software is equally
critical for good trouble free burning. His choice of media is also
important, though his local blank supplier should be able to advise him
there.
The poaster should also ask himself if he really needs a dual layer burner.

DVD Formats [email protected] General 9 February 5th 05 06:31 PM
Dual layer, DVD/CD+/-R/W/RAM, pref.external, does it exist yet? MCheu General 4 January 31st 05 01:57 AM
BENQ 8x dvd burners better than Liteons? [email protected] General 0 April 30th 04 03:53 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW General 3 September 24th 03 10:37 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW Overclocking 3 September 24th 03 10:37 AM