upon scanning for tv channels system freezes

Old November 1st 03, 11:27 AM
user

Default upon scanning for tv channels system freezes

Mediacenter 7.6
ati TV 7.9
OS Windows ME
PC AMD 2500XP
Video ATI AIW 9000

I just installed my AIW 9000 videocard and
when I start scanning for TV channels the system
freezes at 13%. When I choose for the option
quickscan there are no channels at all.

How to solve this problem becoz I would like
to record some tv shows on my pc?

User

Old November 1st 03, 04:30 PM
patrickp

"user" wrote in message
Mediacenter 7.6
ati TV 7.9
OS Windows ME
PC AMD 2500XP
Video ATI AIW 9000

I just installed my AIW 9000 videocard and
when I start scanning for TV channels the system
freezes at 13%. When I choose for the option
quickscan there are no channels at all.

How to solve this problem becoz I would like
to record some tv shows on my pc?

User

Why are you using "ati tv 7.9," User? Mixing components from different MMCs
may mess up your installation, and AFAIK MMC 7.9 was intended for TV
Wonders.

I would suggest either using MMC 7.7.0.1 (the final 7.x version for AIWs) or
upgrading to MMC 8.x - all these are available on the ATi site at
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html.

patrickp

Old November 2nd 03, 09:42 AM
user

"patrickp" - take five to email me schreef in
bericht ...
"user" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for your advice
I've upraded MMC to the latest version, but the system
sill freezes up upon scanning automatically for tv channels at 13%.
Therefore I just did the channel frequency just by myself.
Guess what? After recording some tv shows - there's NO sound.
It seems to be that this videocard is full of surprizes!

User

Old November 2nd 03, 01:15 PM
patrickp

"user" wrote in message
[...]

How much RAM are you using, User, and have you tried closing all other
applications before scanning for channels? Do you only lose sound when you
record, or do you not have sound on your TV app at all?

Just a few thoughts; it always helps to try to describe your problem and the
circumstances around it (system specs, what led up to the problem, etc.) as
fully as possible.

Are you also using the current display and capture drivers, and how did you
upgrade? Did you uninstall the old stuff first? Have you run the ATi
configuration app tests and what did they say (be warned; it may report
idiocies like MMX is not enabled on your CPU - which would clearly be
nonsense - but nevertheless may give some useful info)?

patrickp

Old November 2nd 03, 10:00 PM
user

"user" wrote in message
[...]

I've got 512mb Ram. Yes, I did uninstall the old stuff . I do have sound on
my TV
only I when I play back - there ain't no sound

I did run the config test and it says no MMX architecture and also that the
installation
of the Videodrivers hasnot been done properly (version 7.85 of better)
My actual version is 7.94

Hopefully you've some tips

Thanks, patrick

User

Old November 4th 03, 01:08 AM
patrickp

"user" wrote in message
[...]

It's possible you may have some issues with the different versions you've
had on your system, user: it would be a good idea to uninstall all your ATi
software and drivers, have a good registry clean and delete all ati files
off your system. There's a good thread at http://www.rage3d.com/board/
about this.

If you're not happy about editing your registry - a not unreasonable
attitude - you need to get a good registry app: the one I've always used is
the registry tool in the jv16 Power Tools suite. It's unfortunately gone
commercial now, but you you be able to find a copy on google - 1.3 was the
last freeware version.

patrickp

System freezes, hard drives freak Jon Davis Homebuilt PC's 10 November 5th 04 06:36 AM
Overheating Overclocking PSU System Temps Inifinite Loop Nick Le Lievre Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 27th 03 06:10 PM
Can a hard disk shrink? Or did ****USA steal my HD? George L. Homebuilt PC's 93 October 20th 03 06:43 PM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
how much can i overclock my computer en how MiniDisc_2k2 Overclocking 2 July 6th 03 12:58 AM