Has 7 Software - Steve Hurt ex Tekheads - sold my email address to a third party ?

Old April 21st 06, 03:02 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Has 7 Software - Steve Hurt ex Tekheads - sold my email address to a third party ?

Today I received an unsolicited email from an outfit in Birmingham
called zebracomputers that I've never heard of nor have I dealt with.

Their site appears to have been designed by 7soft of Sheffield which
I believe was an offshoot of and is run by an ex partner of Tekheads,
Steve Hurt, who I have done business with.

I know Tekheads has changed hands since and I'm not making any
assumptions or allegations of wrongdoing on their part.

I would like to now exactly how zebracomputers got hold of my email
address. Could it be that 7soft have sold or given away my email
address to zebracomputers ?

Has anyone else received unsolicited email from zebracomputers ?

Old April 21st 06, 03:38 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"." wrote in message ...
Today I received an unsolicited email from an outfit in Birmingham
called zebracomputers that I've never heard of nor have I dealt with.

Their site appears to have been designed by 7soft of Sheffield which
I believe was an offshoot of and is run by an ex partner of Tekheads,
Steve Hurt, who I have done business with.

I know Tekheads has changed hands since and I'm not making any
assumptions or allegations of wrongdoing on their part.

I would like to now exactly how zebracomputers got hold of my email
address. Could it be that 7soft have sold or given away my email
address to zebracomputers ?

Has anyone else received unsolicited email from zebracomputers ?

Yep - I got one too.

Old April 21st 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

.. wrote:
Today I received an unsolicited email from an outfit in Birmingham
called zebracomputers that I've never heard of nor have I dealt with.

Their site appears to have been designed by 7soft of Sheffield which
I believe was an offshoot of and is run by an ex partner of Tekheads,
Steve Hurt, who I have done business with.

I know Tekheads has changed hands since and I'm not making any
assumptions or allegations of wrongdoing on their part.

I would like to now exactly how zebracomputers got hold of my email
address. Could it be that 7soft have sold or given away my email
address to zebracomputers ?

Has anyone else received unsolicited email from zebracomputers ?

Yes I have just received their spam. What struck me immediately on
visiting their site to find a contact email to complain to was the
similarity to ebuyer's site, they couldn't even be bothered to change
the colours.

Old April 21st 06, 03:55 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

.. wrote:
Today I received an unsolicited email from an outfit in Birmingham
called zebracomputers that I've never heard of nor have I dealt with.

Their site appears to have been designed by 7soft of Sheffield which
I believe was an offshoot of and is run by an ex partner of Tekheads,
Steve Hurt, who I have done business with.

I know Tekheads has changed hands since and I'm not making any
assumptions or allegations of wrongdoing on their part.

I would like to now exactly how zebracomputers got hold of my email
address. Could it be that 7soft have sold or given away my email
address to zebracomputers ?

Has anyone else received unsolicited email from zebracomputers ?

If it upsets you write to them
Timberland House , 70/71 The Green , Kings Norton , Birmingham, B38 8RU,
United Kingdom
Old April 21st 06, 05:24 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

peter wrote:

What struck me immediately on
visiting their site to find a contact email to complain to was the
similarity to ebuyer's site, they couldn't even be bothered to change
the colours.

At the bottom of http://www.zebracomputers.co.uk/ it says Web design by
7soft Sheffield. eBuyer are based in Sheffield IIRC so possible the
sites were a bit designed by the same people. I think I'd be slightly
irritated though if I asked a web design company to come up with a site
which turned out to be a clone of someone else's.
Old April 21st 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Chris Howells wrote:
peter wrote:

What struck me immediately on
visiting their site to find a contact email to complain to was the
similarity to ebuyer's site, they couldn't even be bothered to change
the colours.

At the bottom of http://www.zebracomputers.co.uk/ it says Web design by
7soft Sheffield. eBuyer are based in Sheffield IIRC so possible the
sites were a bit designed by the same people. I think I'd be slightly
irritated though if I asked a web design company to come up with a site
which turned out to be a clone of someone else's.

Like the eBuyer site, Zebra's also shows how many of each item they have
in stock. Considering that (like eBuyer) some stock probably gets
shipped directly from the 'usual suspects' (distributors - ie:
Northamber, C2000, Midwich etc.) are the stock numbers just pure
******** or is there really some feedback from the distributors about
real stock levels?

Old April 22nd 06, 12:35 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Chris Howells wrote:
peter wrote:

What struck me immediately on
visiting their site to find a contact email to complain to was the
similarity to ebuyer's site, they couldn't even be bothered to change
the colours.

At the bottom of http://www.zebracomputers.co.uk/ it says Web design by
7soft Sheffield. eBuyer are based in Sheffield IIRC

Sorry you recall incorrectly ebuyer are now based in Little Poland or
Goole as it was formally known, well Howden actually but 65% of it's
workforce are now Polish immigrants, hence possible some would say why
there are so many mispicks, due to their staff not being able to speak
English let alone read it.

so possible the
sites were a bit designed by the same people.

Sorry wrong again, ebuyer only use an in-house design team & do no
outsourcing work for anybody else.

I think I'd be slightly
irritated though if I asked a web design company to come up with a site
which turned out to be a clone of someone else's.

Why, despite everyones best attempts on this forum ebuyer have been
hugely successful.
Old May 7th 06, 08:14 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:02:24 +0000, . wrote:

Today I received an unsolicited email from an outfit in Birmingham called
zebracomputers that I've never heard of nor have I dealt with.

Their site appears to have been designed by 7soft of Sheffield which I
believe was an offshoot of and is run by an ex partner of Tekheads, Steve
Hurt, who I have done business with.

I know Tekheads has changed hands since and I'm not making any assumptions
or allegations of wrongdoing on their part.

I also received a mail, it was to an address tekheads would have only
known about since 18/05/2006. This was after they changed hands.

Before that, they used to have my , but I have
problems with that domain's email when ordering so I changed to a
temporary yahoo account.

Old May 7th 06, 09:00 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

steve wrote:

I also received a mail, it was to an address tekheads would have only
known about since 18/05/2006. This was after they changed hands.

Before that, they used to have my , but I have
problems with that domain's email when ordering so I changed to a
temporary yahoo account.

Perhaps you could email
and ask him who
provided him with the list containing your name.

21st Century E-Commerce Money Making Formula NeoOne Homebuilt PC's 5 January 4th 05 10:56 PM
Protected vs Real esara Homebuilt PC's 1 May 1st 04 06:00 AM
Please Read...A Must Read Trini4life2k2 General 1 March 8th 04 12:30 AM
FIC or HIS for a 9600Pro? Phrederick General 8 December 16th 03 12:17 PM