Has anyone restored an ACER ASPIRE 5735 with their restore discs ?

Old March 28th 10, 03:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
ACER 5735

Default Has anyone restored an ACER ASPIRE 5735 with their restore discs ?

Mine appears to restore ok from the discs but then when windows is
starting for the first time it goes into what seems like a never
ending "Configuring updates Stage 3 of 3 " closing down and starting
up to do what seems the same thing over and over and over...
Has anyone had this problem ...?

Tom

Old March 28th 10, 02:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
ACER 5735

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:01:14 -0700, ACER 5735 [email protected] wrote:

Mine appears to restore ok from the discs but then when windows is
starting for the first time it goes into what seems like a never
ending "Configuring updates Stage 3 of 3 " closing down and starting
up to do what seems the same thing over and over and over...
Has anyone had this problem ...?

Tom

For anyone having the same problems:

I solved the problem by going out and buying a copy of Windows 7 Home
Premium - It loaded in great has ALL the necessary drivers and the
laptop is now better than ever before with non of the ACER system crap
bunging up the system....

Job Done!

Tom

Old March 29th 10, 02:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:22:58 -0700, ACER 5735 [email protected] wrote:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:01:14 -0700, ACER 5735 [email protected] wrote:

Mine appears to restore ok from the discs but then when windows is
starting for the first time it goes into what seems like a never
ending "Configuring updates Stage 3 of 3 " closing down and starting
up to do what seems the same thing over and over and over...
Has anyone had this problem ...?

Tom

For anyone having the same problems:

I solved the problem by going out and buying a copy of Windows 7 Home
Premium - It loaded in great has ALL the necessary drivers and the
laptop is now better than ever before with non of the ACER system crap
bunging up the system....

Job Done!

Tom

For now, soon the hardware will fail.
Old March 29th 10, 05:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
NotMe

wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:22:58 -0700, ACER 5735 [email protected] wrote:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:01:14 -0700, ACER 5735 [email protected] wrote:

Mine appears to restore ok from the discs but then when windows is
starting for the first time it goes into what seems like a never
ending "Configuring updates Stage 3 of 3 " closing down and starting
up to do what seems the same thing over and over and over...
Has anyone had this problem ...?

Tom

For anyone having the same problems:

I solved the problem by going out and buying a copy of Windows 7 Home
Premium - It loaded in great has ALL the necessary drivers and the
laptop is now better than ever before with non of the ACER system crap
bunging up the system....

Job Done!

Tom

For now, soon the hardware will fail.

BTDT no response from Acer. I do pro bono support (in the land of the blind
the one eyed man etc) for a number of NPs. I've told my 'clents' any Acer
equipment they buy or is donated if it's not a quick fix I won't touch it
and further whatever the out come of even the quick fix I'm not taking any
responsibility.

Old April 12th 10, 07:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Uncle Vince

On Sunday 28 March 2010 06:22 am, ACER 5735 wrote:

For anyone having the same problems:

I solved the problem by going out and buying a copy of Windows 7 Home
Premium - It loaded in great has ALL the necessary drivers and the
laptop is now better than ever before with non of the ACER system crap
bunging up the system....

I purchased a 5735-4774 last year. I created the recovery disks but I
wanted to test them before ridding my computer of Windows Vista. I was
never able to get the recovery disks to initiate the recovery process.

--
I've seen that look on Hawkman's face enough times, Jess. He's about to go
off.--Rick"Hourman"Tyler