Way to send time-delayed email??

Old July 24th 03, 10:59 PM
Rich

Default Way to send time-delayed email??

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:12:56 GMT, "Frequent_Flyer"
wrote:

Hi All,

I know this may be slightly off topic but since there are a lot of
knowledgable people in this group, I thought I would at least give it a try.

Does anyone know a way to prepare an email ahead of time and then have it
sent out at a certain date and certain time? Also, I would need to be able
to do this from either my domain server or someone elses as my home computer
will not be on during this time.

I will be out of the country for three weeks and there are some emails I
want sent on certain days.

If all else fails, I will just send them ahead of time but that will not
achieve my goal as effectively.

Thanks,
FF

PS: If this is the wrong group, anyone have an idea what the best group is
to ask this question?

ff, if you or the computer you'll be using uses outlook as an e-mail
client what you want to do is easily accomplished. outlook allows
e-mail to be composed and then placed in the outbox with a specific
'do not deliver before' date attached. i do it all the time. i can't
speak to other e-mail clients.

73,
rich, n9dko

Old July 24th 03, 11:09 PM
Frequent_Flyer

ff, if you or the computer you'll be using uses outlook as an e-mail
client what you want to do is easily accomplished. outlook allows
e-mail to be composed and then placed in the outbox with a specific
'do not deliver before' date attached. i do it all the time. i can't
speak to other e-mail clients.

73,
rich, n9dko

Rich,

I don't have access to anything running Windows. The server that my domain
is run off of is running on apache.

FF

Old July 24th 03, 11:46 PM
Mikey