Uninstalling CCC

Old July 30th 06, 06:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wathil

Default Uninstalling CCC

Ok, I want to uninstall everything. The CCC, the Drivers, and WDM. The
version is 6.7

I want to replace with Omega Drivers.

My fear is that there will be a conflict with anything Ati remaining in my
system. I have heard of third party programs that clean drivers, but I think
when I used them before, it caused problems with my computer, not sure but I
have a brand new clean installation and I do not want to take the chance.

I have heard of Ati's CAT-uninstaller but the version that is on the Ati
site seems rather old (10-8-2003) and is located he

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=293

Will this 300kb utility work on my Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro AGP 256?

If it will work, what is the procedure? I am new to the world of Ati so any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old July 30th 06, 08:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

If you want to make sure you remove anything, use this software program it
works very well removing ALL ATI software left behind after using the Ati's
CAT-uninstaller.

Driver Cleaner Pro
http://www.drivercleaner.net

nk.net...

Old July 30th 06, 10:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wathil

Ok, so I go into Add/Remove Programs (I have WinXP Pro) select "Ati Software
Uninstall Utility" go through the removal then remove all the other things
in Add/Remove Programs that refer to Ati.

After that, I use the 3 year old CAT-uninstaller?

After that I use the Driver Cleaner Pro?

"Ted F" wrote in message
If you want to make sure you remove anything, use this software program
it works very well removing ALL ATI software left behind after using the
Ati's CAT-uninstaller.

Driver Cleaner Pro
http://www.drivercleaner.net

nk.net...

Old July 30th 06, 11:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wathil

Well the deed is done *crosses fingers and toes* So far so good *_*

Thanks for your help

"Ted F" wrote in message
If you want to make sure you remove anything, use this software program
it works very well removing ALL ATI software left behind after using the
Ati's CAT-uninstaller.

Driver Cleaner Pro
http://www.drivercleaner.net

nk.net...

Old July 30th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

nk.net...

Detailed instructions for cleaning out the ati software at ati.com/install.