Sapphire Theatrix & MMC

Old July 29th 06, 02:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Justin Baker

Default Sapphire Theatrix & MMC

Just a quick question, is it possible to use MMC with the Sapphire Theatrix
TV tuner card? I've tried installing it but no channels are detected.

Thanks,

JB

Old July 29th 06, 07:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

It will work with a good video card. Download the latest drivers from ATI's
website, look under TV TunersTV Wonder Elite, then custom install the MMC
suite uncheck the DVD Player, because you will be able to install the DVD
Decoder with that TV Tuner card. This should work in this order.

I have that TV Tuner card, ATI Remote Wonder Plus and PNY FX5200 128mb AGP
video card with the latest TV Tuner driver (6.14.10.175) and install the MMC
9.14.

For me it works great!, I do have minor bugs but, I can live with it.

Also, the remote that came with the card may work also, but, its best to
have a "ATI Remote Wonder Plus" to work with the MMC suite correctly.

Goodluck!

Old August 2nd 06, 07:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Justin Baker

"Ted F" wrote in message
It will work with a good video card. Download the latest drivers from
ATI's website, look under TV TunersTV Wonder Elite, then custom install
the MMC suite uncheck the DVD Player, because you will be able to install
the DVD Decoder with that TV Tuner card. This should work in this order.

I'm using the Theatrix with a Radeon X1900XTX. I've installed the latest
drivers and MMC, but when I scan for channels, none are found.

Does yours pick up channels without a problem, or was there anything else
you had to do first?

Thanks,

JB

Old August 2nd 06, 01:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

Yes, first time I scanned for channels the program found "Theatre 550 Pro 1"
and found 77 channels on cable.

Things to check for :

***Most important thing check your TV connector on the card, see if you
correctly connected to the right connector, there's two connectors TV and
FM*** ""That may cause no signal and or channels being found""

**OR**

Go into : ATI Multimedia Center Configuration

click on the "TV" tab, if you see under : Selected Input Sources "Theatre
550 Pro 1" the software is detecting the card.

(same thing with the FM Radio "Tab" "Theatre 550 Pro 1")

You should not be having a problem detecting scanned channels. Also, what TV
signal are you using?, air TV or cable TV?

Old August 22nd 06, 02:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Justin Baker

"Ted F" wrote in message
You should not be having a problem detecting scanned channels. Also, what
TV signal are you using?, air TV or cable TV?

Strangely, after uninstalling and reinstalling all my ATI software, it now
picks up my TV signal without any fuss.

One other question, how is the audio with your 550? I get interruptions and
small patches of silence, I'm not sure if this is the fault of the TV card,
the software, or the onboard audio on my motherboard.

JB

Old August 23rd 06, 06:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

No problems with my sound at all. Mine, I have the Creative Audigy 2 sound
card and makes all the difference in the world.

Because there no audio connector on the 550 card, the sound passes through
the mainboard. Just make sure you have the latest sound drivers installed,
it maybe because you have on-board sound.

Old August 30th 06, 11:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Justin Baker

"Ted F" wrote in message
No problems with my sound at all. Mine, I have the Creative Audigy 2 sound
card and makes all the difference in the world.

Because there no audio connector on the 550 card, the sound passes through
the mainboard. Just make sure you have the latest sound drivers installed,
it maybe because you have on-board sound.

I tried disabling the onboard sound and using first a Live, and then an
Audigy 2 ZS. I still get the stuttering audio.

Is it possible to take the audio directly from the Line In on the sound
card, either using PowerCinema or MMC?

Thanks,

JB

Sapphire 9800SE Vs. Sapphire X800 Riccardo Cretti Ati Videocards 3 August 23rd 05 05:28 PM
Sapphire Theatrix - ATI Theater 550 Pro Paul Davis Ati Videocards 1 November 24th 04 10:58 PM
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro Warning SLP UK Computer Vendors 3 June 24th 04 11:54 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 08:28 PM
'Sapphire' vs ATI 'Proper' - significant differences? Worth Considering (Sapphire)??? Skid Ati Videocards 14 November 11th 03 06:09 PM