no sound on tv

Old September 13th 06, 05:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

Default no sound on tv

Ted F wrote:
...Also, If you don't want the TV On Demand to be always running, there is a
way to stop it from running. (see below)

I don't want to disable TV on demand, but I do need to be able to just
look at live tv. How do I do that ?

It says its live tv, and it says the speed is 1.0, but it is slow and
the sound is studdering, so It can't possibly be live TV.

Topic #: 737-22252: TV On Demand cannot be disabled with ATI Multimedia
Center 9.13 or higher

The information in this article applies to the following
configuration(s):
a.. ATI Multimedia CenterT 9.13 or higher
b.. ATI TV tuner product
Currently there is no option to disable TV On Demand with ATI Multimedia
Center 9.14 or higher. If running ATI Multimedia Center 9.13, there is an
option within the registry to disable TV On Demand. This is a design feature
of the ATI Multimedia Center, not a problem in the installation.

ATI Customer Care has received requests for a method of disabling the TV
On Demand feature. While this is a design feature of the software, the
information below is provided to assist those customers wishing to disable
the TV On Demand.

NOTE: The steps provided below are provided AS IS and are NOT supported by
ATI Customer Care. The use of the instructions below is at the users
discretion.We strongly advise that you backup your system and any important
data.

For more information, please see Description of the Microsoft Windows
Registry.(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/EN-US/)

To backup the Windows Registry:

a.. Click START, select RUN, and type "REGEDIT" From the menu bar,
choose 'File', then 'Export'. Ensure that the Export Range at the bottom of
the Export Registry File window is set to 'All' and save the registry backup
file to your desktop. Double-clicking the saved file will allow you to
reverse any incorrect changes made to the registry.

To perform the changes:

a.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
b.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "Software"
c.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "ATI Technologies"
d.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "Multimedia"
e.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "Features"
f.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "DTV"
g.. Highlight the "Channel Manager" folder
h.. In the right-hand Window, right-click on "LiveMode" and click
modify
i.. set the value data to "1"
j.. Click Apply, click Ok Close down the Registry
To re-enable TV On Demand, browse to the registry location above and
restore the "LiveMode" value to "0".

To ensure you are notified of updates to this article, please register
your product. Once the product has been registered and you have an ATI
CustomerCare account, click "sign-in" in the top right hand corner to log
into your account, then click "subscribe to topic" on the right side of the
article to be notified of updates to the article

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0

Ted F wrote:
What version of ATI MMC do you have installed?

"meltedown" wrote in message
Yeah I did all that. My audio out connector is connected to my line in

Ted F wrote:
When in the ATI TV player check the volume slider, turn it up. If that
doesn't work go into the windows sound mixer or your sound card mixer.

"Just a thought"
Also, there is a audio "OUT" connector on the ATI AIW 9600 video card,
maybe connect that to your audio "IN" connector onboard sound or
standalone sound card.

"meltedown" wrote in message
I'm using ATI 9600 All In One on windows XP
It worked one day, the next day there's no sound on the tv. The sound
on
the DVD works fine, and I can play movies just fine. All other sound
seems to be fine.

I have reloaded the drivers, no difference.
Nothing is muted in my volume controls.

Any Ideas ?

Old September 13th 06, 06:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Barry Watzman

You said that you were feeding audio from the TV card into the line in
jack. Try to isolate the problem .... unplug the cable connecting the
AIW to the sound card:

-Is there audio at the plug (connect another amplifier, or headphones,
to the plug)?

-If you feed another signal into the line-in jack, do you hear it?

Need to see if the problem is no sound from the AIW card, or if the
problem is that the line-in jack is effectively dead.

Check the line-in settings in the sound card's mixer.

meltedown wrote:
Ted F wrote:

OK I did that, made no difference.

Old September 13th 06, 10:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

Barry Watzman wrote:
You said that you were feeding audio from the TV card into the line in
jack. Try to isolate the problem .... unplug the cable connecting the
AIW to the sound card:

I have sound if I use the multimedia center for everything but TV. So
doesn't that mean the line in Jack is working ?

-Is there audio at the plug (connect another amplifier, or headphones,
to the plug)?

-If you feed another signal into the line-in jack, do you hear it?

Need to see if the problem is no sound from the AIW card, or if the
problem is that the line-in jack is effectively dead.

Check the line-in settings in the sound card's mixer.

Yes I've done that and nothing is muted.

Old September 13th 06, 10:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

meltedown wrote:
Barry Watzman wrote:
You said that you were feeding audio from the TV card into the line in
jack. Try to isolate the problem .... unplug the cable connecting the
AIW to the sound card:

I have sound if I use the multimedia center for everything but TV. So
doesn't that mean the line in Jack is working ?

Actually, I just realized this question is out of date. I have the sound
working, Now I have horrendous studdering. The TV starts off slow but
even if I get it to the right speed it studders so bad I can't hear
anything.

Old September 13th 06, 11:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

Ted F wrote:
...Also, If you don't want the TV On Demand to be always running, there is a
way to stop it from running. (see below)

This fixes the studdering problem, but now I don't have tv on demand.
How do I fix the studdering in TV on demand ?

[...]

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0

Old September 13th 06, 12:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

Check to see if there's sound card driver updates for your sound card.

I remember I had that same problem with the sound studdering, until I
updated the sound card drivers and the problem went away. I have the
Creative Audigy 2 sound card. The new ATI drivers and ATI MMC suite needed
the sound drivers updated.

If your sound card drivers are out of date, you need to update them.

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
Ted F wrote:
[...]

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0

Old September 13th 06, 03:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Barry Watzman

"I have sound if I use the multimedia center for everything but TV.
So doesn't that mean the line in Jack is working ?"

No, it doesn't. All of the other sources are digital wave files. ONLY
TV is an analog audio source.

You didn't answer the two questions that I posed:

-Is there audio at the plug (connect another amplifier, or headphones,
to the plug)?

-If you feed another signal into the line-in jack, do you hear it?

You need to isolate the problem. BTW, it's not enough that the line in
mixer control is not muted, it also has to be turned up. And be sure
that you are using the right jack and the right mixer slider. Feed
another audio signal into that jack (from a CD player or MP3 player, for
example ... a signal that you KNOW is present) and see if you hear it.

Old September 13th 06, 04:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

Ted F wrote:
Check to see if there's sound card driver updates for your sound card.

I remember I had that same problem with the sound studdering, until I
updated the sound card drivers and the problem went away. I have the
Creative Audigy 2 sound card. The new ATI drivers and ATI MMC suite needed
the sound drivers updated.

If your sound card drivers are out of date, you need to update them.

I've updated the sound card, and it still studders. Thanks for the help
anyway.

Some how I don't think the problem is the sound drivers. When I start
the tv, it starts off in slow motion.

"meltedown" wrote in message
news

Old September 13th 06, 04:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

Barry Watzman wrote:
"I have sound if I use the multimedia center for everything but TV.
So doesn't that mean the line in Jack is working ?"

No, it doesn't. All of the other sources are digital wave files. ONLY
TV is an analog audio source.

You didn't answer the two questions that I posed:

-Is there audio at the plug (connect another amplifier, or headphones,
to the plug)?

-If you feed another signal into the line-in jack, do you hear it?

I don't have the equipment to do this, but at any rate I have TV sound,
thanks. My problem now is that if I have tv on demand turned on, there
is a studder.

Old September 13th 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Barry Watzman

The word is "stutter", not "studder"

meltedown wrote:

Ted F wrote:

Check to see if there's sound card driver updates for your sound card.

I remember I had that same problem with the sound studdering, until I
updated the sound card drivers and the problem went away. I have the
Creative Audigy 2 sound card. The new ATI drivers and ATI MMC suite
needed the sound drivers updated.

If your sound card drivers are out of date, you need to update them.

I've updated the sound card, and it still studders. Thanks for the help
anyway.

Some how I don't think the problem is the sound drivers. When I start
the tv, it starts off in slow motion.

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
Ted F wrote:

[...]