no sound on tv

Old September 13th 06, 12:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

Default no sound on tv

I'm using ATI 9600 All In One on windows XP
It worked one day, the next day there's no sound on the tv. The sound on
the DVD works fine, and I can play movies just fine. All other sound
seems to be fine.

I have reloaded the drivers, no difference.
Nothing is muted in my volume controls.

Any Ideas ?
Old September 13th 06, 01:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

When in the ATI TV player check the volume slider, turn it up. If that
doesn't work go into the windows sound mixer or your sound card mixer.

"Just a thought"
Also, there is a audio "OUT" connector on the ATI AIW 9600 video card, maybe
connect that to your audio "IN" connector onboard sound or standalone sound
card.

Old September 13th 06, 04:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

NO!! NO!! NO!!

ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0 is too OUTDATED.

Download the ATI MMC 9.15 suite and the Catalyst 6.8 Drivers for Windows XP.

http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0

Old September 13th 06, 04:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0

"meltedown" wrote in message
I'm using ATI 9600 All In One on windows XP
It worked one day, the next day there's no sound on the tv. The sound

on
the DVD works fine, and I can play movies just fine. All other sound
seems to be fine.

I have reloaded the drivers, no difference.
Nothing is muted in my volume controls.

Any Ideas ?

It's an All In Wonder actually. If the drivers you reinstalled were the WDM
drivers, do a repair install of MMC &/or reinstall the sound card drivers.

Old September 13th 06, 04:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

....Also, If you don't want the TV On Demand to be always running, there is a
way to stop it from running. (see below)

Topic #: 737-22252: TV On Demand cannot be disabled with ATI Multimedia
Center 9.13 or higher

The information in this article applies to the following
configuration(s):
a.. ATI Multimedia CenterT 9.13 or higher
b.. ATI TV tuner product
Currently there is no option to disable TV On Demand with ATI Multimedia
Center 9.14 or higher. If running ATI Multimedia Center 9.13, there is an
option within the registry to disable TV On Demand. This is a design feature
of the ATI Multimedia Center, not a problem in the installation.

ATI Customer Care has received requests for a method of disabling the TV
On Demand feature. While this is a design feature of the software, the
information below is provided to assist those customers wishing to disable
the TV On Demand.

NOTE: The steps provided below are provided AS IS and are NOT supported by
ATI Customer Care. The use of the instructions below is at the users
discretion.We strongly advise that you backup your system and any important
data.

For more information, please see Description of the Microsoft Windows
Registry.(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/EN-US/)

To backup the Windows Registry:

a.. Click START, select RUN, and type "REGEDIT" From the menu bar,
choose 'File', then 'Export'. Ensure that the Export Range at the bottom of
the Export Registry File window is set to 'All' and save the registry backup
file to your desktop. Double-clicking the saved file will allow you to
reverse any incorrect changes made to the registry.

To perform the changes:

a.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
b.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "Software"
c.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "ATI Technologies"
d.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "Multimedia"
e.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "Features"
f.. Click on the (+) icon next to the word "DTV"
g.. Highlight the "Channel Manager" folder
h.. In the right-hand Window, right-click on "LiveMode" and click
modify
i.. set the value data to "1"
j.. Click Apply, click Ok Close down the Registry
To re-enable TV On Demand, browse to the registry location above and
restore the "LiveMode" value to "0".

To ensure you are notified of updates to this article, please register
your product. Once the product has been registered and you have an ATI
CustomerCare account, click "sign-in" in the top right hand corner to log
into your account, then click "subscribe to topic" on the right side of the
article to be notified of updates to the article

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0

Old September 13th 06, 05:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

Ted F wrote:
NO!! NO!! NO!!

ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0 is too OUTDATED.

Download the ATI MMC 9.15 suite and the Catalyst 6.8 Drivers for Windows XP.

http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

OK I did that, made no difference.

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0

Old September 13th 06, 05:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
meltedown

meltedown wrote:
Ted F wrote:
NO!! NO!! NO!!

ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0 is too OUTDATED.

Download the ATI MMC 9.15 suite and the Catalyst 6.8 Drivers for
Windows XP.

http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

OK I did that, made no difference.

Actually, after starting the TV a few times, there does appear to be
sound. But now it only plays in slow motion. How do I get it to play the
live tv at the live speed ?

"meltedown" wrote in message
news
ATI Multimedia Center 8.8.0.0