Can't install latest drivers for Radeon X1300

Old August 27th 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Unruly Canuck

Default Can't install latest drivers for Radeon X1300

I'm having trouble installing the latest drivers for my ATI X1300
Radeon card. I went through the steps of removing the old drivers
(add/remove, deleting the ati files and directory in my
windows\system32\drivers and other areas. And I also removed anything
to do with ATI from my registry), like the help files and other forums
said. However, when I install the new drivers and reboot, I get the
Windows XP loading screen and then it keeps rebooting. I can't do a
normal reboot and have to revert to the last known good configuration.
Ultimately, I have to reinstall the original driver CD that came with
the card. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I was searching around, and the final solution was, of course, to
reinstall my OS, something I can't do right now. Is there another
method around this? Thanks.
Old August 27th 06, 07:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

"Unruly Canuck" wrote in message
I'm having trouble installing the latest drivers for my ATI X1300
Radeon card. I went through the steps of removing the old drivers
(add/remove, deleting the ati files and directory in my
windows\system32\drivers and other areas. And I also removed anything
to do with ATI from my registry), like the help files and other forums
said. However, when I install the new drivers and reboot, I get the
Windows XP loading screen and then it keeps rebooting. I can't do a
normal reboot and have to revert to the last known good configuration.
Ultimately, I have to reinstall the original driver CD that came with
the card. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I was searching around, and the final solution was, of course, to
reinstall my OS, something I can't do right now. Is there another
method around this? Thanks.

Sounds like your doing it right but check out ati.com/install. I've had
problems just from not cleaning out the Temp folder. It's easy to miss a
step. If theirs any chance of version mixing in C:\ati\support, clean it out
as well and start over.
Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers for your M/B.

Old August 27th 06, 07:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

Download and install : DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition (website link
below). This cleans every bit of ATI software on your computer. Then do a
fresh install the latest drivers. Same thing happened to me. after using the
Driver Cleaner software and installing the latest drivers, it worked fine.

http://www.drivercleaner.net

Old August 27th 06, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Julian Richards

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:14:39 GMT, Unruly Canuck wrote:

I'm having trouble installing the latest drivers for my ATI X1300
Radeon card. I went through the steps of removing the old drivers
(add/remove, deleting the ati files and directory in my
windows\system32\drivers and other areas. And I also removed anything
to do with ATI from my registry), like the help files and other forums
said. However, when I install the new drivers and reboot, I get the
Windows XP loading screen and then it keeps rebooting. I can't do a
normal reboot and have to revert to the last known good configuration.
Ultimately, I have to reinstall the original driver CD that came with
the card. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I was searching around, and the final solution was, of course, to
reinstall my OS, something I can't do right now. Is there another
method around this? Thanks.

I have used the Omega drivers through many versions. This is the first
time that I have had problems (very much like yours). My card is a
9800SE softmodded to 8 pipelines.
--

Julian Richards

www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"
Old August 27th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Unruly Canuck

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:18:57 GMT, "Ted F"
wrote:

Download and install : DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition (website link
below). This cleans every bit of ATI software on your computer. Then do a
fresh install the latest drivers. Same thing happened to me. after using the
Driver Cleaner software and installing the latest drivers, it worked fine.

http://www.drivercleaner.net

I'll try that. Thanks!
Old August 28th 06, 12:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Unruly Canuck

wrote:

Download and install : DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition (website link
below). This cleans every bit of ATI software on your computer. Then do a
fresh install the latest drivers. Same thing happened to me. after using the
Driver Cleaner software and installing the latest drivers, it worked fine.

http://www.drivercleaner.net

I'll try that. Thanks!

I tried using driver cleaner, but same results. I just bought a new
LCD monitor? Could that be it? The default drivers work? Maybe it's a
bug in the driver.
Old August 28th 06, 04:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

No, it can't be the LCD monitor. Maybe it's a corrupted download, download
again. Or try a version step down.

Old August 28th 06, 04:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Unruly Canuck

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 03:35:45 GMT, "Ted F"
wrote:

No, it can't be the LCD monitor. Maybe it's a corrupted download, download
again. Or try a version step down.

No it's not the download. I've dloaded it three times already. I'll
try the next version down like you said. Someone else posted here that
he was experiencing the same problems. Said that it was a beta driver.
Probably some bugs.

Latest 5.8 Catalyst Drivers Causing Problems With Radeon 9800 Pro Cyde Weys Ati Videocards 6 September 23rd 05 04:54 AM
Best Way to install nvidia drivers? Randy Nvidia Videocards 3 December 15th 04 10:56 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 07:28 PM
DVI colors all wrong with latest drivers - dvi.jpg (0/1) Gary Quiring Nvidia Videocards 7 July 8th 03 08:23 PM