No sound on when watching TV on AIW 2006

Old August 11th 06, 02:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mga

Default No sound on when watching TV on AIW 2006

Does anybody know why there is no sound when watching TV?

It has always worked, now it doesn't.

If I play a video file or music, I hear the soun, even if I play it
with the ATI MMC.

Old August 11th 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

"mga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anybody know why there is no sound when watching TV?

It has always worked, now it doesn't.

If I play a video file or music, I hear the soun, even if I play it
with the ATI MMC.

Check Device Manager for driver problems. Then do a repair install on MMC.

Old August 11th 06, 04:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mga

T Shadow wrote:
"mga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anybody know why there is no sound when watching TV?

It has always worked, now it doesn't.

If I play a video file or music, I hear the soun, even if I play it
with the ATI MMC.

Check Device Manager for driver problems. Then do a repair install on MMC.

I can play music or videos.

I don't hear sound ONLY when I watch TV.

Old August 11th 06, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

I had that same problem, I just unistalled all ATI software and reinstall
fresh and the problem was gone.

"mga" wrote in message
oups.com...

T Shadow wrote:
ups.com...

Old August 11th 06, 07:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

"mga" wrote in message
oups.com...

T Shadow wrote:
"mga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anybody know why there is no sound when watching TV?

It has always worked, now it doesn't.

If I play a video file or music, I hear the soun, even if I play it
with the ATI MMC.

Check Device Manager for driver problems. Then do a repair install on

MMC.

I can play music or videos.

I don't hear sound ONLY when I watch TV.

Probably the AIW's multimedia drivers or MMC has been corrupted.

Old August 11th 06, 10:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

mga wrote:
Does anybody know why there is no sound when watching TV?

It has always worked, now it doesn't.

If I play a video file or music, I hear the soun, even if I play it
with the ATI MMC.

Do you have the sound turned up on the tv player?

The red hash marks lower right side.

Old August 11th 06, 11:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

Yes, it worked for 4 weeks then I had the same problem you did.

I just did a fresh install of all ATI software drivers/MMC suite and the
problem went away, it's been over 4 months now, still NO problems to this
day.

"mga" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ted F wrote:
I had that same problem, I just unistalled all ATI software and reinstall
fresh and the problem was gone.

"mga" wrote in message
oups.com...

T Shadow wrote:
"mga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anybody know why there is no sound when watching TV?

It has always worked, now it doesn't.

If I play a video file or music, I hear the soun, even if I play it
with the ATI MMC.

Check Device Manager for driver problems. Then do a repair install on
MMC.

I can play music or videos.

I don't hear sound ONLY when I watch TV.

Did you have the problem immediately after you first installed, or did
it work for some time (3 weeks in my case) and then stopped for no
apparent reason?

Old August 11th 06, 01:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chuck U. Farley

"mga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anybody know why there is no sound when watching TV?

It has always worked, now it doesn't.

If I play a video file or music, I hear the soun, even if I play it
with the ATI MMC.

Check Device Manager for driver problems. Then do a repair install on

MMC.

I can play music or videos.

I don't hear sound ONLY when I watch TV.

Probably the AIW's multimedia drivers or MMC has been corrupted.

My guess is a BDU.

Old August 11th 06, 02:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
PhxGrunge

Do a repair re-install of the SOUND drivers.

MMC seems to, sometimes, stomp all over the existing sound drivers and
registry settings.

ups.com...

Old August 11th 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mga

randy wrote:
mga wrote:
Does anybody know why there is no sound when watching TV?

It has always worked, now it doesn't.

If I play a video file or music, I hear the soun, even if I play it
with the ATI MMC.

Do you have the sound turned up on the tv player?

The red hash marks lower right side.

Yes, and it's not mute.