tv tuner on older aiw

Old August 6th 06, 02:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kim

Default tv tuner on older aiw

Hi everyone,
I'm on winxp pro sp2 stripped to the bones with directx 9.0c, equipped with aiw radeon 7500, its own
drivers, and mmc 7.5 just set up very well.
I can not find a workaround for my ati tv to work. It always says tv player failed to initialize the
video. The drop down video capture source list shows no default, driver is listed as unsupported,
but system compatibility check DOES NOT says something about problems encountered. I checked all
other mmc features and they work just very fine: dvd, player and cd. I enabled DCOM features on my
computer, too. Where do you think the problem resides ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old August 6th 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

MMC 7.5 is too old, try the following :

Catalyst 5.11 Windows XP Drivers With Control Panel

ATI Multimedia Center 9.02 Suite
"OR"
ATI Multimedia Center 9.03 Suite

Old August 6th 06, 06:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kim

Thanks about your reply. I did clean install 5.11 and mmc 9.02 and the messages are the same except:
Directx components are not installed properly. But dxdiag tells me 9.0c is present. Can DirectX be
installed over DirectX ?

Old August 6th 06, 09:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Danny G.

"Ted F" wrote in message ...
Yes, Directx can be reinstalled over the old, go to microsoft's website to download Directx 9.0c and install.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

Kim wrote in message ...
Hi everyone,
I'm on winxp pro sp2 stripped to the bones with directx 9.0c, equipped
with aiw radeon 7500, its own
drivers, and mmc 7.5 just set up very well.
I can not find a workaround for my ati tv to work. It always says tv
player failed to initialize the
video. The drop down video capture source list shows no default, driver is
listed as unsupported,
but system compatibility check DOES NOT says something about problems
encountered. I checked all
other mmc features and they work just very fine: dvd, player and cd. I
enabled DCOM features on my
computer, too. Where do you think the problem resides ? Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

If not DirectX then maybe WDM drivers.

Looks like the ATI download page for XP's readme file shows Catalyst 6.5 for the aiw 7500.

Old August 7th 06, 05:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kim

Kim wrote in message ...
Hi everyone,
I'm on winxp pro sp2 stripped to the bones with directx 9.0c, equipped
with aiw radeon 7500, its own
drivers, and mmc 7.5 just set up very well.
I can not find a workaround for my ati tv to work. It always says tv
player failed to initialize the
video. The drop down video capture source list shows no default, driver is
listed as unsupported,
but system compatibility check DOES NOT says something about problems
encountered. I checked all
other mmc features and they work just very fine: dvd, player and cd. I
enabled DCOM features on my
computer, too. Where do you think the problem resides ? Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

If not DirectX then maybe WDM drivers.

Looks like the ATI download page for XP's readme file shows Catalyst 6.5 for the aiw 7500.

Thanks a lot everyone, I've been trying win2000, win xp, and win xp mce with different drivers, and
not a single success in starting ati tv occured. Last week the tv tuner was still working fine, it
really looks like the board did crash the tuner itself. In a last attempt i'll reset aiw radeon bios
up, have you heard of a place to get those ?

Kim
Old August 7th 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

Here's the website to get ATI BIOS flash files. Use with ""CAUTION""

http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

a écrit :

MMC 7.5 is too old, try the following :

Catalyst 5.11 Windows XP Drivers With Control Panel

ATI Multimedia Center 9.02 Suite
"OR"
ATI Multimedia Center 9.03 Suite

om...

Old August 7th 06, 06:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Danny G.

Kim wrote in message ...
[...]

eek, Doing a clean install and updates to all the software in any one of those OS is a big project.
How in the world you could have correctly installed and tested the card and all software three times
in a few days like that is beyond me.

Maybe these knowledgebase articles at http://ati.com will help.

737-20561: Removing Old ATI Software
737-20429: Installing the Display Drivers
737-20913: How to Find the Drivers and Software for Your Product
737-20905: Uninstalling the Previous Multimedia Center Software
737-63: Troubleshooting "TV Player Failed to Initialize the Video" Error Message

GL
Dan