G450 PCI for multimonitors - on Asus A7V8X AMD Athlon XP system board (VIA KT400)

Old July 16th 03, 10:59 PM
No Name

Default G450 PCI for multimonitors - on Asus A7V8X AMD Athlon XP system board (VIA KT400)

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting a G450 PCI card for 2 extra monitors - 1 will be for
another LCD panel, 1 for TV out.

The website has some small print!

"G450 PCI is recommended for systems based on Intel chipsets. Feature and
performance support for systems based on non-Intel chipsets is limited.
Please visit the FAQ on our website for more details. The Millennium G450
PCI does not include a software bundle or the TV out cable."

Going to the FAQ link gives:

"What features will not be supported for the combination of G450 16 MB PCI
and non-Intel chipsets?
DVDmax and OpenGL will not be supported for the combination of G450 PCI and
non-Intel chipsets.
Will bus-mastering ever be supported with the G450 16 MB PCI cards and
non-Intel chipsets?
Matrox does not foresee much demand for PCI graphics products for systems
with non-Intel chipsets. If Matrox releases a new version of the Millennium
G450 PCI with support for such chipsets, this new version will have a
different part number and its features will be clearly highlighted."

My system is as follows:

Asus A7V8X rev 1.04 mb - VIA KT400 chipset
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ processor
Matrox G550 AGP graphics card - running 2 iiyama 17" LCD panels (1 DVI and 1
analogue)
Hauppauge WinTV Cinema PCI card
USR Int Sportster V90 PCI modem
Asus USB2 PCI card
Windows XP SP1

Are there any issues that I should be aware of! I'm curious about some
comments on the G450 PCI only being a 33mhz PCI card, is this true?

Many thanks,

Nik

PS yes i'm looking at http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/ but my searches
show no problems.