soundblaster live disc needed

Old January 26th 04, 05:40 PM
Bobby B

Default soundblaster live disc needed

Unfortunately, I uninstalled Soundblaster Live from my Dell desktop
dimension 4100. I spoke extensively with a Dell rep who advised that
you cannot simply download the free software off the net to replace
it. Instead, you must re-install using the disc. Well, I lost the
disc. I am looking to buy/borrow the disc which is compatible with
sound card 4780. I purchased this desktop approx. 2 years ago and Dell
has phased out the disc and the card. Can anyone help me.
Old January 26th 04, 06:24 PM
WSZsr

you can download whatever you need he
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ctsearch.asp

just enter "4780" and it will take you to the software.

om...

Old January 26th 04, 06:26 PM
Ghostrider

Bobby B wrote:
Unfortunately, I uninstalled Soundblaster Live from my Dell desktop
dimension 4100. I spoke extensively with a Dell rep who advised that
you cannot simply download the free software off the net to replace
it. Instead, you must re-install using the disc. Well, I lost the
disc. I am looking to buy/borrow the disc which is compatible with
sound card 4780. I purchased this desktop approx. 2 years ago and Dell
has phased out the disc and the card. Can anyone help me.

The Dell tech may or may not be correct, depending on how much
the sound card might have been configured for Dell as an OEM.
And just how was Soundblaster Live uninstalled? That is, via
one of the add/remove applets, physical removal of the sound
card, etc.?

There is nothing to lose by downloading the current Soundblaster
Live driver update, extracting it and trying to install the driver
files. The Soundblaster update might be able to restore the setup
but if the soundcard needs to be re-registered into the Windows
Registry, then the Dell tech could be correct about the hardware
re-install.

Old January 26th 04, 06:44 PM
Tom Scales

Not necessarily. For WinXP, yes, you should be able too. Some of the SB OEM
cards required the original disk. My Dimension 8100 was such a beast, but
only under Win Me. Under XP, I could use anything from SB.

Tom
"WSZsr" wrote in message
you can download whatever you need he
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ctsearch.asp

just enter "4780" and it will take you to the software.

om...

Old January 27th 04, 03:08 AM
S.Lewis

"Bobby B" wrote in message
om...
Unfortunately, I uninstalled Soundblaster Live from my Dell desktop
dimension 4100. I spoke extensively with a Dell rep who advised that
you cannot simply download the free software off the net to replace
it. Instead, you must re-install using the disc. Well, I lost the
disc. I am looking to buy/borrow the disc which is compatible with
sound card 4780. I purchased this desktop approx. 2 years ago and Dell
has phased out the disc and the card. Can anyone help me.

Well, that would certainly be news to me. At differing times, I've had
WinMe, Win2K, or WinXP Pro on my Dim4100 with the SBLive! value card that
came in the system. Each OS had base native drivers that identified the
card properly and ultimately worked fine.

Additionally, on that same machine, I've used various downloads from
Creative (for that card) or the OEM CD software, all without incident.

Stew

Old January 27th 04, 01:48 PM
Keith S.

I've clean installed on my Dim 8200 - I used the creative web site download
to reinstall drivers for win xp -to the Dell version of the Soundblaster
live -worked without any problem

"Ghostrider" wrote in message

Bobby B wrote:
[...]

Error burning BARTPE bootable XP disc Maria Ripanykhazova Cdr 5 February 15th 05 04:48 AM
writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
Total FREE Live Adult online Cam action! Top Cams Webcams 0 June 6th 04 02:17 AM
OEM SoundBlaster Live! 5.1, no CD IN, two optical drives AW General 3 March 24th 04 11:24 PM
Larger hard disc Tom Scales Dell Computers 3 November 10th 03 11:17 AM