Compaq Evo D300

Old September 22nd 05, 03:55 PM
Zinzan

Default Compaq Evo D300

Hi there

I have the above PC, full name, Compaq D3D/P1.7/20j/p/120c/o UK

The hard drive has failed and I wish to buy a new one. It currently has a
Seagate ST320410A drive installed and I was wondering if I could increase
the capacity on a new hard drive. Can you please recommend a replacement for
me? Thanks

Old September 22nd 05, 04:29 PM
kony

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:55:38 +0000 (UTC), "Zinzan"
wrote:

Hi there

I have the above PC, full name, Compaq D3D/P1.7/20j/p/120c/o UK

The hard drive has failed and I wish to buy a new one. It currently has a
Seagate ST320410A drive installed and I was wondering if I could increase
the capacity on a new hard drive. Can you please recommend a replacement for
me? Thanks

Yes, your system "probably" supports 48bit LBA (hard drives
over 128GB in size) already, but if it didn't, there should
be a bios update that would resolve this.

So you're looking for an ATA100 or ATA133 parallel ata
(EIDE), not SATA, in whatever size suits your budget.

I could understand an aversion to buying another Seagate
since your current drive had failed, but generally they seem
to hold up as well as the other alternatives but now have a
better warranty (5 years vs typical 3 yr. or only 1 yr) of
most drives.

You don't mention what capacity you "need", but since you
had that 20GB drive currently, I'd expect you dont' really
need a giant new drive, so the best value size these days
might be around 160GB. Any full-featured computer store or
online vendor should have what you're looking for in one of
the common brands.

FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 May 29th 05 07:18 PM
FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 March 15th 05 05:50 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM