power management - can't wake from sleep mode

Old September 30th 15, 03:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Adam

Default power management - can't wake from sleep mode

Host OS: Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular

I am having similar problem (can't wake from sleep mode) as ...

Problems waking up from sleep mode ...
https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...Language=en-us

What BIOS settings do I need to enable/disable for power management to work?

Old September 30th 15, 05:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Adam

"Adam" wrote in message

Host OS: Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Display Adapter:
Sapphire 100315L Radeon HD 6850 Video Card - 1024MB, GDDR5, PCIe,
mini-Display Port, HDMI, Dual DVI

Old October 1st 15, 10:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Henry Crun

On 30/09/15 19:49, Adam wrote:
"Adam" wrote in message

Host OS: Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Display Adapter:
Sapphire 100315L Radeon HD 6850 Video Card - 1024MB, GDDR5, PCIe,
mini-Display Port, HDMI, Dual DVI

Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular

I am having similar problem (can't wake from sleep mode) as ...

Problems waking up from sleep mode ...
https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...Language=en-us

What BIOS settings do I need to enable/disable for power management to
work?

Have a look at:

HTH

--
Mike R.
Home: http://alpha.mike-r.com/

Old October 1st 15, 12:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Adam

"Henry Crun" wrote in message
On 30/09/15 19:49, Adam wrote:
"Adam" wrote in message

Host OS: Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Display Adapter:
Sapphire 100315L Radeon HD 6850 Video Card - 1024MB, GDDR5, PCIe,
mini-Display Port, HDMI, Dual DVI

Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular

I am having similar problem (can't wake from sleep mode) as ...

Problems waking up from sleep mode ...
https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...Language=en-us

What BIOS settings do I need to enable/disable for power management to
work?

Have a look at:

Thanks, I will look into this thread with a fine-tooth comb in order to
better understand it, which will take more time.

HTH

Old October 2nd 15, 03:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Adam

"Adam" wrote in message

"Henry Crun" wrote in message
On 30/09/15 19:49, Adam wrote:
"Adam" wrote in message

Host OS: Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Display Adapter:
Sapphire 100315L Radeon HD 6850 Video Card - 1024MB, GDDR5, PCIe,
mini-Display Port, HDMI, Dual DVI

Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular

I am having similar problem (can't wake from sleep mode) as ...

Problems waking up from sleep mode ...
https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...Language=en-us

What BIOS settings do I need to enable/disable for power management to
work?

Have a look at:

Thanks, I will look into this thread with a fine-tooth comb in order to
better understand it, which will take more time.

Okay, that thread (1968487), in the end, suggests to
use the method mentioned here...

Ubuntu - Resume your computer from any USB device (keyboard, mouse, remote,
....)
http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/74...resume-usb-hid
which should be applicable with any Linux flavor using a kernel version
prior to 3.10.

I checked the USB keyboard for resume. But, after suspend,
pressing the Ctrl key causes some activity (NumLock light comes ON, etc.) so
I know something is happening but the monitor/display does not resume.

Such an elegant solution yet I still am not yet able to get my system to
completely wake up.
What am I missing?

HTH

Old October 2nd 15, 04:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
stepore

On 10/01/2015 07:46 PM, Adam wrote:
snips
Such an elegant solution yet I still am not yet able to get my system to
completely wake up.
What am I missing?

What you're missing is most likely the right video drivers for your
graphics card. It's the usual suspect for non responsive system after
suspend.

If the official open source radeon module/driver is not working for you,
then you'll have to download and install the proprietary drivers from
AMD. I don't envy you. GLHF.
Old October 2nd 15, 05:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Adam

"Adam" wrote in message

"Adam" wrote in message

"Henry Crun" wrote in message
On 30/09/15 19:49, Adam wrote:
"Adam" wrote in message

[...]

adam@ASUS-DESKTOP:~$ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device S-state Status Sysfs node
SBAZ S4 disabled pci:0000:00:14.2
UAR1 S4 disabled pnp:00:0a
P0PC S4 disabled pci:0000:00:14.4
UHC1 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:12.0
UHC2 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:12.2
UHC4 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:13.2
UHC6 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:16.2
UHC7 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:14.5
PC02 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:02.0
PC03 S4 disabled
PC04 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:04.0
PC05 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:05.0
PC06 S4 disabled
PC07 S4 disabled
PC09 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:09.0
PC0A S4 disabled pci:0000:00:0a.0
PC0B S4 disabled pci:0000:00:0b.0
PC0C S4 disabled
PC0D S4 disabled pci:0000:00:0d.0
PE20 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:15.0
PE21 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:15.1
PE22 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:15.2
PE23 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:15.3
USB3 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:13.0
USB5 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:16.0
PWRB S4 *enabled
adam@ASUS-DESKTOP:~$

Only PWRB has an asterisk? How can that be?

HTH

Old October 2nd 15, 07:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
mike

On 10/1/2015 8:54 PM, stepore wrote:
On 10/01/2015 07:46 PM, Adam wrote:
snips
Such an elegant solution yet I still am not yet able to get my system to
completely wake up.
What am I missing?

What you're missing is most likely the right video drivers for your
graphics card. It's the usual suspect for non responsive system after
suspend.

If the official open source radeon module/driver is not working for you,
then you'll have to download and install the proprietary drivers from
AMD. I don't envy you. GLHF.

On my system, the wireless lan driver was the problem.
I had to edit some configuration file to insert a command line
that one never could have guessed.
I was lucky enough to find the solution by googling for weeks
until I tripped over it. Fortunately, some guru had the problem
and had shared his fix.

Good luck.
Old October 2nd 15, 09:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Adam

"mike" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, but my motherboard has onboard LAN.

I have an old PCI Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
sound card.in there, which I can probably remove.

BTW, when I ran the USB device selection script,
it listed "C-Media Electronics, Inc."
What is that?

Old October 2nd 15, 09:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Adam

"Adam" wrote in message

"mike" wrote in message
[...]

The only thing I can think of is the monitor's USB hub.
But, I thought hubs weren't suppose to be listed?