Can't get network to work on A7N8X-E Deluxe

Old April 6th 04, 01:42 AM
Clarity

Default Can't get network to work on A7N8X-E Deluxe

I've tried everything I can think of but can't get this network going. I
know the nic's work, the cable, ics, addresses..everything I can think of.
I've done this half a dozen times. Got xp pro on the host, 98 on the
client. The nic's always worked before I installed xp. Can't get the
motherboard's built-in nic's to work...no matter what I try. Installed pci
nic's that I know have worked...still nothing. Cable used to work but no go
there either. No ics on the client but did use the xp network
wizard...still no go. The network connection shows an X thru the network
nic but the nic's are all approved by the ms compatibilitity thingie...still
no go. Nic's previously worked...cable previously worked...but can't get
past the X. The nic's are properly installed...I think....usual software
installations...nothing untoward. On every level...everything looks a go
except the X...but it just won't work...grrrr...Pinging don't work cuz it
doesn't seem to recognize the network nic's...tried a couple others with
full uninstallation and reinstallation.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thinking it's the Asus
A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard. Is it possible the MB just won't let the nic's
talk?
Thanks.

Old April 6th 04, 02:03 AM
rstlne

"Clarity" wrote in message
[...]

I dont have the E version.. But my 2nt nik wasnt a Nvidia one and windows
installed it on boot, But the system didnt work for me when I first tried
it. After installing the drivers form the cd everything started working
(strange thing these windows).

Maybee your problem is the same.

I feel for ya on this one too.. I HATE windows networking.. take me back to
novell

Old April 6th 04, 08:31 PM
notritenoteri

there's drivers on the ASUS CD. Also how many PC do you have in this
"network" if its just 2 you need either a hub, a router or a cross-over
cable if your using cat5 to connect(the out on one PC goes to the in on the
other).

Old April 6th 04, 10:54 PM
Jonesgold

I have the same type problem.

I added a new PC to an existing home WIN XP PRO network and the PC can be
seen on 2 PC's under Map Network Drive under Workgroup, but I can't get a
list of shares on the new PC.
On the new PC I set the shares and permissions but I can't see the other 2
PC's under Workgroup when I try to Map to the other PC's.
I am Administrator on all 3 PC's.
Another thing when I search for the new PC on one of the old PC's , I get
the following message
\\AMD3000 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
you have access permissions.
Then network path was not found.
On the AMD300 PC if I search for the other PC's it can't find them. It is
like the old PC's can see the new PC but can't connect and the new PC can't
see either of the old PC's.
Can you use both NIC connections on this board at the same time? I am
plugged into the Fast Ethernet port, not the Gigabit Lan port. The jumper
on the board has the GB LAN enabled. But I am not using it yet.

Need some help on this. If you find a fix, please let me know.

--
Thanks
Jonesgold

Remove the NOSPAM