Problem with monitor or graphic card

Old April 1st 04, 02:28 PM
Gustav

Default Problem with monitor or graphic card

Hi,
I have a computer equipped with a nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 graphic card
and an LG 901B monitor.

The other day when I tried to start up my computer the picture looked
I little
bit strange with stripes and a little bit of flickering. The computer
started up ok first. The bios loaded but when it tried to load xp the
screen went black and went into standby mode.

I started up the computer again and pressed F8 to start it in VGA
mode. It
started up although the picture is still striped, and as soon as I
tried to
change (via the control panel) anything with the resolution (it was
really low) the screen went into standbymode again.

I started it up again in failsafe mode and it started ok (still
distorted picture). I could jack up the resolution to 768x1024, 32 bit
color,
and things look kind of normal (except the stripes).
If I disable the graphic card I can startup the computer normally
next time, but things don't look totally ok.

I don't know If it's my monitor thats broken or if it's the graphics
card.
I didn't do anything special before the problems occured, and I have
since
tried to install new drivers for the graphic card and the monitor, but
no
change.

Is there any way I can check my card? any utility? Or is it the
monitor?

Help appreciated!

//Gustav
Old April 1st 04, 02:29 PM
F r e e

check also the mainboard=20
read my earlier post...!

--=20
F r e e
"Gustav" escribi=F3 en el mensaje =
Hi,
I have a computer equipped with a nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 graphic card
and an LG 901B monitor.
=20
The other day when I tried to start up my computer the picture looked
I little
bit strange with stripes and a little bit of flickering. The computer
started up ok first. The bios loaded but when it tried to load xp the
screen went black and went into standby mode.
=20
I started up the computer again and pressed F8 to start it in VGA
mode. It
started up although the picture is still striped, and as soon as I
tried to
change (via the control panel) anything with the resolution (it was
really low) the screen went into standbymode again.
=20
I started it up again in failsafe mode and it started ok (still
distorted picture). I could jack up the resolution to 768x1024, 32 bit
color,
and things look kind of normal (except the stripes).=20

Old April 2nd 04, 03:21 PM
andy

I had a very similar problem that i cured by removing the graphics card and
removing about a ton of dust from the fans !!

Andy
"F r e e" wrote in message
check also the mainboard
read my earlier post...!

--
F r e e
"Gustav" escribió en el mensaje
[...]

---

Old April 2nd 04, 10:03 PM
Jurica Sopcic

I have the same problem and I have FX5900 and Samsung 959NF monitor. Whole
comp is new so there cannot be any dust causing the graphic card to
overheat... Still trying to solve the problem... What is the rest of your
configuration? Maybe some other part causes this..

"andy" wrote in message
I had a very similar problem that i cured by removing the graphics card

and
removing about a ton of dust from the fans !!

Andy
"F r e e" wrote in message
check also the mainboard
read my earlier post...!

Re Video card problem oldgrey General 0 January 15th 05 05:08 PM
msi ti 4600 & asus p4c800e deluxe no powerup dluxea Asus Motherboards 9 May 19th 04 10:13 PM
DVI sync problem at 640x480 with ATI 9000 card and iiyama TFT display Markus Kuhn Ati Videocards 2 October 2nd 03 10:21 AM
Problem with Radeon 7200 Card redmen1 Ati Videocards 0 September 3rd 03 11:11 AM
sound problem a7v266e and avermedia tv card recordings michel Asus Motherboards 4 August 2nd 03 02:43 AM