Add a 2nd GPU or 1 Gig RAM

Old May 19th 06, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Add a 2nd GPU or 1 Gig RAM

What does everyone think is better; add a gig of ram or a 2nd NVIDIA 6800 to
run in SLI? (price is close enough for me to consider to be equal) I use my
PC for gaming, DVD/ CD burning, web, etc.

Do I have to buy the same brand and/or type of video card to run SLI. Is it
okay to use a 6800 XT with a 6800 GS with the same vendor or could I use
different vendors and type as long as the model number is the same?

--
WooHoo2You

Old May 20th 06, 12:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

You MUST use identical video cards to enable SLI.

--
DaveW

----------------
k.net...

Old May 20th 06, 09:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"DaveW" wrote in message
. ..
You MUST use identical video cards to enable SLI.

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone2_rel80.html

This page says that I can use the same GPU, however I am not sure what
problems may occur if I go with different companies. Or if a RAM upgrade
will be money better spent.

--
WooHoo2You

Athlon 3800 X2
2 x 512 MB 3200 DDR 400
a8n-sli Premium
GeForce 6800 256 MB PCI-e
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value
200 GB SATA HD
160 GB SATA HD

Old May 22nd 06, 02:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

DaveW wrote:
You MUST use identical video cards to enable SLI.

----------------
"WooHoo2You" wrote in message
k.net...
What does everyone think is better; add a gig of ram or a 2nd NVIDIA
6800 to run in SLI? (price is close enough for me to consider to be
equal) I use my PC for gaming, DVD/ CD burning, web, etc.

Do I have to buy the same brand and/or type of video card to run
SLI. Is it okay to use a 6800 XT with a 6800 GS with the same
vendor or could I use different vendors and type as long as the
model number is the same? --
WooHoo2You

bull**** alert! have you seen the latest nVidia drivers? I thought not.
now go play with yourself in the corner and **** off

HTH, HAND and GFIA

--

sbb78247

**** off and die horribly

Old May 22nd 06, 03:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Troll

From: "sbb78247" sbb78247 ****off.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Add a 2nd GPU or 1 Gig RAM
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 20:45:58 -0500

DaveW wrote:
You MUST use identical video cards to enable SLI.

----------------
news:qlbbg.407$K71.242 newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Old May 22nd 06, 09:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"sbb78247" wrote in message
bull**** alert! have you seen the latest nVidia drivers? I thought not.
now go play with yourself in the corner and **** off

HTH, HAND and GFIA

--

sbb78247

**** off and die horribly

Okay, there are people that can help you. It might take a few years of meds
and specialized therapy, however you will be finally be able to make the
transition to traditional society. (through short supervised visits)

--
WooHoo2You