New mobo upgrade

Old January 4th 05, 04:14 PM
pickle

Default New mobo upgrade

Please forgive my crosspost. I felt it was relevent to all listed.

It’s time to upgrade the mobo on my PC at the house. It’s currently a
SOYO K7VTA-B / 999 mHz.

My primary uses for the machine are video editing, high end games and
general office stuff.

I figure I’ll get the mobo, cpu and memory. I’d like to have it fit my
existing ATX tower. The mobo needs to have several open PCI slots and
an AGP slot for the video card.

With those uses in mind, what board would you folks recommend? I think
I want to go with an INTEL board this time. The SOYO was ok but it was
quirky and it needed it’s own drivers installed. PCI briges and AGP
bridges and the like.

Would an INTEL mobo be ok for my uses? What is the current favorite
CPU chip form factor? SocketA or whatever? Best memory and bus speeds?

I did (and will do) googles on this but that just shows a bunch of
vendors, not really the type of info I need at this point.

What do you think of a bare bones Dell or Gateway that I can expand to
my specs?

Thanks folks.

Old January 4th 05, 04:41 PM
John Thomas Smith

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:14:36 GMT, pickle wrote:
My primary uses for the machine are video editing, high end games and
general office stuff.

Click my jtsmith link below, then my Video link on the left

Once there, click the link for my NEW computer I recently built

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith