Seeking opinions on film scanners

Old October 9th 03, 12:51 AM
Esoteric

Default Seeking opinions on film scanners

Hello,

My older Nikon film scanner (LS-10) has pretty much died.

I would like to upgrade to a medium format film scanner. From my searching
and the reviews that I have read, these are the models that I have found
that support medium format within my budget. (Home semi pro use)

Minolta Dimage Scan Multi-Pro

Nikon Super Coolscan 8000ED
Nikon Coolscan 4000AF

Polaroid SprintScan 45i
Polaroid SprintScan 45 Ultra

I understand that Polaroid is no longer making film scanners, yet some are
still floating around. I was told if I find one used make sure that it has
all of the film holders with it as they are no longer available.

Personal opinions on the above scanners? I have read online reviews but I
would like some opinions from here. Are they all about the same & it's just
personal preference?

I have also been watching ebay - a little nervous spending that kind of
money on something used without seeing it first.

Do prices on "new" equipment typically drop a little with the holiday
season, or shortly thereafter?

From what I could get from all of my online reading, the Minolta Multi-Pro
unit is the favored one, is that echoed here in this group?

Anyone in the Portland, Oregon area have one of these units used that they
want to sell?

Many thank you's in advance,

Wayne C