best fan config?

Old February 13th 04, 05:04 PM
Dorothy Bradbury

there are loads of slits in the top of my case for ventilation

You mean on top of the case quite literally?
o That will short-circuit the airflow path within the case:
o Ideal is intake-front-lower & exhaust-rear-upper

I guess air is being drawn in through these

Very probably.
--
Dorothy Bradbury

Old February 13th 04, 07:33 PM
Ed Forsythe

Hi Si,
I agree with ICee and Dorothy. Intake fan/s lower front, exhaust fan/s
upper rear. left side panel intake fan should be blowing in the vicinity of
the CPU. blowhole fan = exhaust, but if the case is properly designed and
your wiring does not unduly disrupt airflow lower front intake and upper
rear exhaust should be adequate provided you have a good CPU HS/Fan.
--
Tally Ho!
Ed

Old February 14th 04, 12:31 PM
Dave

"Si" wrote in message
"billy_bat" wrote in message
I am guessing that your ambient air temperature is about 40-45? I use

two
case fans, and don't go more than 5 above ambient.
If your case is 48 and your cpu is 53, that isn't a bad differential.
How about some airconditioning? :-)
Good Luck!
BB

Altough the case temp states (now 40C) with the rear fans blowing out, the
air does not seem warm to me (holding my had by the exhaust fans)
Is this normal?

My system temp resistor is behind the AGP slot and under the AGP card and
quite close to the CPU voltage regulators that have large heatsinks on them.
The current room temp is 32C and system temp is 39C and at the moment the
side of the computer is off. I've seen the system temp reported 10C higher
than room temp at times but becase of the placing of the sensor I don't
worry about it much. My board is an MSI KT2 Combo.

Dave

Old February 15th 04, 12:54 AM
~misfit~

Dave wrote:
"Si" wrote in message
"billy_bat" wrote in message
[...]

My system thermistor is also right next to the AGP slot and is in the
airflow from the graphics card which typically runs at 50+°C. Right now it's
reporting 39°C in a 20°C room with three case fans. (Soltek SL-75FRN2-L) The
CPU diode temp is 46°C (Athlon Tbred 1800+ running at 10.5 x 200MHz FSB,
2.1GHz, standard HSF) running at 100% (SETI CLI).

Case temps need to be considered on the basis of where the thermistor is
located. I'd say my actual case temp is about 5°C above ambient, if that.
--
~misfit~

dual boot ? with raid 0 config? David Ciemny General 6 July 21st 04 12:18 PM
changed stripe size in my raid config...not booting now David Ciemny General 1 July 21st 04 05:25 AM
Raid config ? David Ciemny General 3 April 8th 04 11:12 AM
using raid 0 hd config, cdrw settings? David Ciemny General 1 October 8th 03 05:16 AM
Motherboard config. question. Just Nice General 5 August 30th 03 09:52 AM