how to change bios time?

Old January 2nd 04, 08:25 PM
flubie

Default how to change bios time?

I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios time.
How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to the
bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
menu.

Thanks for any help.
Old January 2nd 04, 08:43 PM
Trai' La Trash

After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key or
right left up down arrows to change fields.

+/- and page up and down changes values.
Don't forget to save your changes.

Old January 2nd 04, 09:06 PM
Trai' La Trash

Do the latest bios and Rom updates on it and it should fix the problem.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...?lang=en&cc=us

Old January 2nd 04, 09:18 PM
flubie

I will try that. Thanks.
Are you sure that updating bios will do no harm to data in the hardisk?

Trai' La Trash wrote:

Do the latest bios and Rom updates on it and it should fix the problem.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...book/us/family

model/4125.html?lang=en&cc=us

Old January 2nd 04, 09:25 PM
Trai' La Trash

Flubie I've never had a problem running any of the Compaq rom updates they
have always worked easy.(I have a few Compaq laptops)
While your at it if you have highspeed you should download them all and make
a list of them and put them on disk.
If you have the call Compaq support the first thing they check is that you
have the latest updates.

Dave