"Product Code" on line?

Old December 12th 03, 06:59 AM
Doug Mitchell

Default "Product Code" on line?

This week I received a 4600. It will have to remain in the boxes until
Christmas as it is a present. I was hoping to confirm that the packing slip
info matched up with my original order. However the packing slip uses
"Product Codes" which dont appear to be the same as "Part Numbers" for
Dell.ca and the Descriptions arent detailed enough. For example can one find
online the specifics of

F3092 Module, DVD+RW,TEAC,Dimension, Midnight Gray Second,V2

Thanks for your experiences

Doug

Old December 12th 03, 05:27 PM
John Mai

I'd open the box and check the contents to make sure everything is as per
specification and that nothing is missing.

John

Old December 12th 03, 06:07 PM
PC Gladiator

I'd take everything out of the box and make sure everything you ordered is
there and is working. Pay special attention to the CDs for all the software
and OS. Check them for obvious physical damage. You might even try to read
them to make sure they are usable.

Take it over a friends house and then bring it in Christmas eve with a bow
around it! Don't want any Christmas morning problems with missing and/or
defective components.

Your 30 days will be almost all gone by the time Christmas gets here...

Old December 12th 03, 06:09 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"Doug Mitchell" wrote:

This week I received a 4600. It will have to remain in the boxes until
Christmas as it is a present. I was hoping to confirm that the packing slip
info matched up with my original order. However the packing slip uses
"Product Codes" which dont appear to be the same as "Part Numbers" for
Dell.ca and the Descriptions arent detailed enough. For example can one find
online the specifics of

F3092 Module, DVD+RW,TEAC,Dimension, Midnight Gray Second,V2

Thanks for your experiences

Echoing John Mai, you should open the boxes, remove everything and
check it out - even taking the time to set it up. You can then repack
it after it has been checked out. IME over four years and six
computers, Dell has very, very user-friendly packaging and initial
computer set up. It shouldn't take you 1/2 or 3/4 of an hour to
unpack it and have it up and running, another half-hour to repack it.

You also have the plus of *knowing* the computer will work when the
giftee sets it up and turns it on. ;-
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.

locked multipliers? Rusty Overclocking AMD Processors 10 November 8th 04 06:29 PM
Need advise on choosing Maxtors Wooducoodu Homebuilt PC's 43 October 6th 04 03:02 PM
Hard Drive Brands: which is best? feRRets_inc General 17 November 18th 03 01:10 AM
Power Surge David LeBrun General 44 September 12th 03 02:35 AM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM