[ANN] STARWIND AND STARPORT iSCSI SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREE FOR NON COMMERCIAL USE.

Old September 16th 04, 08:51 AM
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Default [ANN] STARWIND AND STARPORT iSCSI SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREE FOR NON COMMERCIAL USE.

For Immediate Release

Rocket Division Software ]

STARWIND AND STARPORT iSCSI SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED ON
FREE FOR NON COMMERCIAL USE BASIS.

Rocket Division Software has announced its leading iSCSI solutions
StarWind (iSCSI target) and StarPort (iSCSI initiator) will be
distributed on a FREE FOR NON COMMERCIAL USE basis.

"It was a kind of difficult decision to distribute the products this
way," Anton Kolomyeytsev, the CEO says, "after all the main goal of
the business is to bring the financial success to its founders,
investors and employees and the solutions on this market are not cheap
in general. However we believe that this decision will be very much
appreciated by our potential customers and besides will popularize the
iSCSI technologies. I think some day it will pay back and of course
the commercial use of our software is possible only for money."

StarWind is an iSCSI target (server-side) product. This software
combined with StarPort iSCSI initiator (or any iSCSI initiator iSCSI
1.0 compatible) running on client allows you to export any local CD
and DVD burners to the network users (all CD and DVD recording
applications running on a client side are supported), export local
tape drives for backup and restore on client machine (all of the
backup software tools running on a client machine are supported),
virtual hard disk drives over the network, export whole server storage
subsystem over the network at the block level, work with the dynamic
volume snapshots, incremental backups and virtual tapes etc. Create
RAM disk drives for temporary data storing (Solid-State-Disk
emulation). Export standard CDI, ISO and MDS images as network virtual
CD and DVD drives. More information can be found at
http://www.rocketdivision.com/wind.html

StarPort is an iSCSI initiator (client) product. This software
combined with StarWind iSCSI target running on server (or any iSCSI
target confirming iSCSI 1.0 standard can be used) allows you to burn
to remote CD and DVD burners over the network (all CD and DVD
recording applications are supported), backup and restore to remote
tape drives (all of the backup software tools are supported), work
with remote virtual hard disk drives over the network, backup whole
server storage subsystem over the network, work with the dynamic
volume snapshots, incremental backups and virtual tapes etc. Create
RAM disk drives for temporary data storing. Mount standard CDI, ISO
and MDS images as virtual CD and DVD drives. More information can be
found at http://www.rocketdivision.com/port.html

About Rocket Division Softwa Rocket Division Software is rapidly
growing company providing cutting-edge system-software solutions for
Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 and various UNIXes. We're positioning as a
provider of the top-notch, high-performance technologies for the data
storage and networking industry. Our "know how" and development
services cover a wide range of existing and emerging storage and
networking technologies, such as: CD/DVD recording and mastering,
iSCSI virtual storage, local and network file system design. Rocket
Division Software can be contacted at
http://www.rocketdivision.com/

Rocket Division Software