8800 GTS Heat

Old July 29th 08, 02:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David[_14_]

Default 8800 GTS Heat

Is it normal for my card to be 65c - 67c temps when idle?
Old July 29th 08, 06:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Les Matthew

David wrote:
Is it normal for my card to be 65c - 67c temps when idle?

Don't know about the GTS but my 8800GT idles at around 55C to 60C.

les...
Old July 29th 08, 06:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

"Les Matthew" wrote in message
David wrote:
Is it normal for my card to be 65c - 67c temps when idle?

Don't know about the GTS but my 8800GT idles at around 55C to 60C.

les...

Same here - 53C now. It looks like it's a bit too hot, did you change
something to the fan speed ? How do you measure the temperature ?

Old July 29th 08, 11:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

David wrote:
Is it normal for my card to be 65c - 67c temps when idle?

Probably not. My older 8800GTS 320MB used to idle at 49-51C in a
moderately well ventilated mid-tower ATX case. My current 8800GT idles
around 52 to 60 depending on the season and whether the AC is on.
Old July 30th 08, 01:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ed Medlin[_4_]

"David" wrote in message
Is it normal for my card to be 65c - 67c temps when idle?

It should be fine. A bit on the high end at idle, but have seen higher.

Ed

Old July 30th 08, 05:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Idle temps are not important (67c certainly won't cause any long-term harm).
It may even be desirable to keep the card warm at idle and keep the fan
speed slow, to reduce noise. What are your load temps?