158.22 WHQL drivers

Old May 19th 07, 01:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

Default 158.22 WHQL drivers

Hi,

I downloaded the 158.22 WHQL certified drivers for Windows XP
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.22.html), but when I try to
install them, there is still a warning that they are not Windows certified.
Dxdiag also lists them as non-certified. Anyone else having the same problem
? I removed the previous drivers before the installation.

Matthias

Old May 19th 07, 01:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

"Access" wrote in message
Hi,

I downloaded the 158.22 WHQL certified drivers for Windows XP
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.22.html), but when I try to
install them, there is still a warning that they are not Windows
certified. Dxdiag also lists them as non-certified. Anyone else having the
same problem ? I removed the previous drivers before the installation.

I had the same thing, I installed the same drivers but downloaded from the
BFG website, they were listed as WHQL certified, but I got the same warning
when installing.

--
Don

Old May 19th 07, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
norm

These are WHQL too ....newer version 106.02, however received the same
message when I installed them. The forum has good user feed back on all
drivers.

Old May 19th 07, 09:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Dudley Henriques

Don;
Have you noticed any improvement at all with the 158.22's from BFG for your
8800GTS?
I'm using 97.94 and they are stable as can be. Just downloaded and installed
the April DirectX 9c runtime for my XP installation and it's running fine.
Debating whether or not to try the new driver. What say you?
Dudley Henriques

Old May 19th 07, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

Hey Dudley,

Yes, I saw some improvement going from the 97.94's to the 158.22's. Both in
my 3d mark 05 score, and in FSX.

--
Don

Old May 19th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Dudley Henriques

Thanks Don. I'll install them and take a shot.
I swear...my wife says you're as bad as me. You must be LIVING on that
computer :-))))
Dudley

news

Old May 19th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Dudley Henriques

I had a guy laughing like hell at me a few days ago. It seems that for
months he has written to me at different times and for some reason or
another I have always been on line when that happens. Naturally I answered
him almost immediately each time.
Finally he couldn't stand it any longer and asked me if I EVER left the
computer to go to the bathroom; eat; or sleep :-))

Old May 20th 07, 12:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Dudley Henriques

Just a note on those new drivers.
FS9 here was running perfectly with no ragged edges in the graphics with the
97xx drivers set up on the card for AAx4 and AFx8 and both selected off in
the sim which I have always used in FS9 for driver settings.
With the new driver, I tried a flight without changing anything and got very
bad jaggies. I closed the sim, turned AA off on the driver and went to ap
controlled and left the AF set at 8 on the driver and all was clear as a
bell again.