cheapest way to get internet terminal only PC?

Old July 9th 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
keith

Default cheapest way to get internet terminal only PC?

Please can someone point to me to the best supplier for this?
I just want a simple desktop PC to access the internet with, as cheap as
possible, using it as a 2nd internet access terminal in the house.

I can't seem to find anyone online who can supply something as basic as
this:
1Ghz, 256MB memory, 20GB-ish disk, windows, wired LAN port, no monitor
needed
I can only find people selling 2GHzplus with DVD writers etc

Is there someone out there who sells just low spec base units cheaply?

(I already have wireless router, wired network, good main PC, spare
keyboards, monitors, etc.)

Thanks
Keith

Old July 9th 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

"keith" wrote in message
Please can someone point to me to the best supplier for this?
I just want a simple desktop PC to access the internet with, as cheap as
possible, using it as a 2nd internet access terminal in the house.

I can't seem to find anyone online who can supply something as basic as
this:
1Ghz, 256MB memory, 20GB-ish disk, windows, wired LAN port, no monitor
needed
I can only find people selling 2GHzplus with DVD writers etc

Is there someone out there who sells just low spec base units cheaply?

(I already have wireless router, wired network, good main PC, spare
keyboards, monitors, etc.)

Thanks
Keith

you can pick up a new dell notebook for £300

Old July 9th 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
®ÖÐ

keith wrote:
Please can someone point to me to the best supplier for this?
I just want a simple desktop PC to access the internet with, as cheap as
possible, using it as a 2nd internet access terminal in the house.

I can't seem to find anyone online who can supply something as basic as
this:
1Ghz, 256MB memory, 20GB-ish disk, windows, wired LAN port, no monitor
needed
I can only find people selling 2GHzplus with DVD writers etc

Is there someone out there who sells just low spec base units cheaply?

(I already have wireless router, wired network, good main PC, spare
keyboards, monitors, etc.)

Thanks
Keith

I have a 1.8Ghz Athlon tower with 768MB ram 40GB hard Disk, CD writer
and CD Player.

You can have this for £90 plus postage.

--
Rod
rodmac at gmail dot com
Old July 9th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tosh

keith spoke thusly:
Please can someone point to me to the best supplier for this?
I just want a simple desktop PC to access the internet with, as cheap as
possible, using it as a 2nd internet access terminal in the house.

I can't seem to find anyone online who can supply something as basic as
this:
1Ghz, 256MB memory, 20GB-ish disk, windows, wired LAN port, no monitor
needed
I can only find people selling 2GHzplus with DVD writers etc

Is there someone out there who sells just low spec base units cheaply?

(I already have wireless router, wired network, good main PC, spare
keyboards, monitors, etc.)

Thanks
Keith

2nd user is going to be your best bet pic up a copy of Micro mart there
are plenty of adverts for them in there, alternatively pop in to your
nearest computer fair to save the shipping costs.
Old July 9th 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
keith

2nd user is going to be your best bet pic up a copy of Micro mart there
are plenty of adverts for them in there, alternatively pop in to your
nearest computer fair to save the shipping costs.

Thanks, I'll look for those . I want to buy from a shop/vendor, not private
small ads, and assumed that there'd be someone somewhere selling outdated
PCs for this purpose.. Perhaps there's just no money in it though.

Old July 9th 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tosh

keith spoke thusly:

2nd user is going to be your best bet pic up a copy of Micro mart there
are plenty of adverts for them in there, alternatively pop in to your
nearest computer fair to save the shipping costs.

Thanks, I'll look for those . I want to buy from a shop/vendor, not private
small ads, and assumed that there'd be someone somewhere selling outdated
PCs for this purpose.. Perhaps there's just no money in it though.

you could also just try googling for 2nd user base units, there's an
example he
http://www.accomputerwarehouse.com/p...hed-Base-Units
I have no affiliation to these and I'm not particularly recommending
them as I know nothing about them but it should help you with price points.
Old July 10th 06, 05:30 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Ian Ozenthroat

keith wrote:
Please can someone point to me to the best supplier for this?
I just want a simple desktop PC to access the internet with, as cheap as
possible, using it as a 2nd internet access terminal in the house.

I can't seem to find anyone online who can supply something as basic as
this:
1Ghz, 256MB memory, 20GB-ish disk, windows, wired LAN port, no monitor
needed
I can only find people selling 2GHzplus with DVD writers etc

Is there someone out there who sells just low spec base units cheaply?

(I already have wireless router, wired network, good main PC, spare
keyboards, monitors, etc.)

Thanks
Keith

Dont know where in the country you are but.....
http://www.speedie.co.uk/acatalog/Pe...I_1400mhz.html
P3, 1Ghz, 128MB RAM, 10GB HDD, £59.
You can go cheaper if you want a lower spec.. £39 for a P3-700Mhz
Old July 11th 06, 06:24 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
scorpio18

"keith" wrote in message

2nd user is going to be your best bet pic up a copy of Micro mart there
are plenty of adverts for them in there, alternatively pop in to your
nearest computer fair to save the shipping costs.

Thanks, I'll look for those . I want to buy from a shop/vendor, not

private
small ads, and assumed that there'd be someone somewhere selling outdated
PCs for this purpose.. Perhaps there's just no money in it though.

I may be able to sort you out with something, and can sell it to you as a
business purchase. Email me directly if you still require one.

--
Scorpio

Old July 18th 06, 11:19 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
not Valid

"keith" wrote in message

2nd user is going to be your best bet pic up a copy of Micro mart there
are plenty of adverts for them in there, alternatively pop in to your
nearest computer fair to save the shipping costs.

Thanks, I'll look for those . I want to buy from a shop/vendor, not
private small ads, and assumed that there'd be someone somewhere selling
outdated PCs for this purpose.. Perhaps there's just no money in it
though.

Many vendors don't want the aggro of selling S/H components.
It all comes down to liability....