GA-8IPE1000 rev 2

Old September 18th 05, 11:48 PM
Dre

Default GA-8IPE1000 rev 2

Hi all, I have just upgraded the motherboard in my PC and now I have a
problem. The system works fine apart from the fact that whenever I plug a
Sony digital camera (I haven't tried any other brands as I dont have access
to any, but I have tried 3 different model Sony camera) into any of the USB
ports, the computer will hardware reset.

I have tried messing with the bios settings but no luck. Any ideas?

The specs are as follows:
P4 2.66@533
Gigabyte 8IPE1000 rev 2
2x 512 Kingston 400mhz ram in dual channel
ATI Radeon 9650 128meg
480W power supply

Cheers Dre

Old September 27th 05, 11:28 AM
JK

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:48:59 +1000, "Dre" wrote:

Hi all, I have just upgraded the motherboard in my PC and now I have a
problem. The system works fine apart from the fact that whenever I plug a
Sony digital camera (I haven't tried any other brands as I dont have access
to any, but I have tried 3 different model Sony camera) into any of the USB
ports, the computer will hardware reset.

I have tried messing with the bios settings but no luck. Any ideas?

The specs are as follows:
P4 2.66@533
Gigabyte 8IPE1000 rev 2
2x 512 Kingston 400mhz ram in dual channel
ATI Radeon 9650 128meg
480W power supply

I also have problems with usb 2.0 on this board.
Usb 2.0 harddrives.

It takes usb 1 keyes.

I have reinstalled the inf twice. I have deleted all usb devices in
device manager and seen them install again af reboot.

I have an enhanced usb hub in device manager. This should be the usb
2.0 ? Usb is enabled in bios. There doesn't seem to be any specific
usb 2.0 setting in bios. Tried Ctrl F1 also.

I haven't found any solution yet.

:-(

best regards

John
Old September 27th 05, 01:57 PM
JK

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:28:29 +0200, JK wrote:

[...]

Get the usb2_intel.zip file from he
http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/eng/su...downloadcd.htm

(close to bottom of page)

Read the ENote.txt info.

best regards

John
Old September 28th 05, 12:12 AM
Dre

"JK" wrote in message
[...]

Hi, thanks very much for the info, I'm currently downloading that file. Did
it fix your problems??

Its funny cause I upgraded my other PC here with the same board (8IPE1000
Pro 2) and it doesn't experience this problem. The problem computer is now
200k's away so I'll hopefully get a chance to take another look at it this
w/e, I was going to try the drivers from the Pro 2 and see how it goes, but
I'll try these ones first..

Cheers Dre

Old September 29th 05, 09:06 PM
JK

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:12:17 +1000, "Dre" wrote:

Hi, thanks very much for the info, I'm currently downloading that file. Did
it fix your problems??

Its funny cause I upgraded my other PC here with the same board (8IPE1000
Pro 2) and it doesn't experience this problem. The problem computer is now
200k's away so I'll hopefully get a chance to take another look at it this
w/e, I was going to try the drivers from the Pro 2 and see how it goes, but
I'll try these ones first..

Hi

No, I did not fix my problem.

It seems for my board to be bad hardware (it is a board bought as
demo-ware). Some of the 4 ports on the backside could work now and
then with a usb 2.0 device. It is fluctuating. And none of the four
in- front ports can work with usb 2.0.

For test I used a Hama card-reader with a 512 compact flash module in
it.

best regards

John
Old September 30th 05, 12:44 AM
Dre

"JK" wrote in message
[...]

So sorry to ask a stupid question, but what was the point of downloading
that file then, if it didn't fix your problem?!?!?!

Cheers Dre

Old September 30th 05, 08:33 AM
JK

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:44:54 +1000, "Dre" wrote:

So sorry to ask a stupid question, but what was the point of downloading
that file then, if it didn't fix your problem?!?!?!

Yes, sorry. But did you get other hopefull replies.

best regards

John