Savastore order

Old July 5th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Fred

Default Savastore order

3 weeks ago I made an online order for 2 items. One in stock and the other
on a 1-2 week availability.

I note in respect of a 1-2 week availability the site says:

"The stock is available at one of our satellite warehouses and can be
ordered upon request. The item will be delivered into our central warehouse
within X days/weeks and despatched immediately."

The website now says "Sorry, this product is currently unavailable"!

So much for "satellite" warehouses. Will the Shuttle be blamed?

Since this is my first order with them I'm not impressed? Has anyone else
had a similar experience? I've emailed them once asking for delivery
timescales but got no reply.

The order is still current which implies the "unavailable" item may still be
obtained. Every few days the dispatch of the "in stock" item moves on a
corresponding few days!

About to give up.

Old July 5th 06, 01:19 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Palindr☻me

Fred wrote:
[...]

Give up.

They were a half-way decent company in the days when they were Watford
Electronics.

I gave up when several orders for goods that were shown to be in stock
never turned up. The status changed to "awaiting stock" - without
advising me. The goods simply never showed up.

If they can't get a simple thing like online stock control working, they
should find a new business model.

--
Sue

Old July 5th 06, 02:04 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
peter

Palindr☻me wrote:
Give up.

They were a half-way decent company in the days when they were Watford
Electronics.

They were the company of choice in the BBC micro days, I hink they're
still trying to trade on the reputation they gained then.

I gave up when several orders for goods that were shown to be in stock
never turned up. The status changed to "awaiting stock" - without
advising me. The goods simply never showed up.

If they can't get a simple thing like online stock control working, they
should find a new business model.

Allegedly their customer service is abysmal too and their MD is a rude
ignorant w***er, I would cancel the order if I were you.

Old July 5th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Vittorio Janus

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:03:51 +0100, "Fred" wrote:

[...]

For a stress-reduced life - give up.

I've found the following translations useful with *ALL* on-line
traders:

Stock available in 1-2 days:
We've sold out and we haven't got a clue if or when new stock will be
in.

Stock available in any period greater than 2 days:
We've sold all we had and replacements may or may not be coming.

In stock:
Check the reputation of the trader - it may be true.

Small number in Stock:
As above.

Large number in Stock:
Assume the number is exagerated but you've got a good chance of
getting them.

Regards,
vj
Old July 5th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Fred

"Palindr?me" wrote in message
Fred wrote:
[...]

I hate giving up yet it's not worth pursuing.

I remember Watford Electronics in Cardiff Road getting various components
such as 2N3055s plus many more! They were only just getting into micros at
the time. I haven't used them for more years than I care to remember.
Doubt I shall be using them for many years again!

Old July 5th 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Fred

"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the replies. My limited experience with other vendors has been
pretty good so far and don't compare with my experience with Savastore.