my pictures are growing

Old December 13th 04, 09:23 AM
billybob

Default my pictures are growing

Hi.
I scanned 4X6 prints and when I reprint they come out about 4 1/8 X 6 1/4
consequentially clipping. Any way to keep them the same size? When I look
at the document size in PS it tell me they are 4X6
Epson 4870, R200, XP pro, Photoshop CS
TIA
Wayne

Old December 13th 04, 05:21 PM
billybob

Hi again,
thank you for your replies. I have gotten it to work a bit better. I do
not understand why it just won't do it right without all this messing
around. Even if I do get all the picture on the paper there is some
clipping. I also notice that if I print at draft mode the pic comes out
still another size, frustrating!
TIA
Wayne

Old December 13th 04, 11:04 PM
Michael Doherty

Are you doing borderless printing on an Epson?
If so, the image is stretched before printing. This behaviour is by design.

--
Mick Doherty
http://dotnetrix.co.uk/nothing.html

Old December 13th 04, 11:52 PM
CWatters

"billybob" wrote in message
Hi again,
thank you for your replies. I have gotten it to work a bit better. I do
not understand why it just won't do it right without all this messing
around.

It sounds like you set it up for borderless prints. When you do that the
printer automatically enlarges the print slightly to avoid a thin white
border appearing if the paper is slightly misaligned when it's sucked into
the printer. I guess it's also possible the scanner is trying to do a
similar trick (eg scanning slightly less than 6x4 and then enlarging it to
try and make it exactly 6x4)

Old December 15th 04, 03:20 PM
Safetymom123

Not all Epson photo printers use the perforated paper. There is a 4x6 paper
and a different setting in the driver.

"Ed Ruf" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:23:03 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers "billybob"
wrote:

Hi.
I scanned 4X6 prints and when I reprint they come out about 4 1/8 X 6 1/4
consequentially clipping. Any way to keep them the same size? When I
look
at the document size in PS it tell me they are 4X6
Epson 4870, R200, XP pro, Photoshop CS

Sounds like you've set the driver to print full bleed at 4x6 The way
Epsons
do this is to use slightly larger paper with perforated edges that you
remove after printing.
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
http://EdwardGRuf.com