Currys faulty TV

Old July 5th 03, 06:53 PM
Gaz

Default Currys faulty TV

"Andy Jeffries" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:56:44 +0100, Osprey wrote:
Could someone please confirm if there was not a change in UK Consumer

goods
act recently and ALL products now have a TWO year guarantee as standard

like
rest of europe?

I am sure I heard this on radio 5 live and that shops/manufacturers are
keeping quiet about it so it doesnt damage there extended warranty

policys
they are so keen on selling.

Not back dated I would have thought!

AFAIK it is indeed "back dated". That is, it has amended a previous law

so
that in effect the previous law is taken to have always read this way.

That's my understanding of it anyway (from a previous discussion in
uk.legal that I can't find on groups.google.com now!).

Civilised societies (ie. largely English speaking, or European) tend not to
have 'retrospective' legislation, except for the most extreme of cases. How
can one be bound by a law/rule that did not exist?

Gaz

Cheers,

Andy

How to fix a faulty CDR half_pint Cdr 0 November 5th 04 02:01 AM
Any else have (has had) a faulty 6800 graphics card? Gary Morton Nvidia Videocards 16 September 30th 04 01:46 AM
X800 Pro problems with missing textures in FarCry and artifacts on desktop after long periods of Jedi Academy - is my X800 faulty? Glzmo Ati Videocards 2 August 26th 04 01:27 PM
Burning faulty data cd's (without realising)? Mangomix Cdr 3 May 9th 04 09:36 PM
possible faulty batch of P4's? Vaclav Dvorak General 3 December 19th 03 09:12 PM