What's Dual Channel DDR 400?

Old July 3rd 03, 04:48 AM
remeb

Default What's Dual Channel DDR 400?

There is something quite new called Dual Channel DDR 400?
But with this RAM list from Pricewatch.com, I just can't
spot it. Could someone tell me which one it is?

System Memory
$33 - Proliant
$77 - Blade
$905 - 8GB
$1069 - 4GB
$264 PC3700 DDR 1GB
$94 - PC3700 DDR 512MB
$195 - PC3500 DDR 1GB
$68 - PC3500 DDR 512MB
$35 - PC3500 DDR 256MB
$1099 - PC3200 DDR 2GB
$165 - PC3200 DDR 1GB
$67 PC3200 DDR 512MB
$34 - PC3200 DDR 256MB
$170 - PC3000 DDR 1GB
$63 - PC3000 DDR 512MB
$30 - PC3000 DDR 256MB
$142 - PC2700 DDR 1GB
$59 - PC2700 DDR 512MB
$27 PC2700 DDR 256MB
$89 - PC2400 DDR 1GB
$58 - PC2400 DDR 512MB
$25 - PC2400 DDR 256MB
$20 - PC2400 DDR 128MB
$640 - PC2100 DDR 2GB
$122 - PC2100 DDR 1GB
$55 - PC2100 DDR 512MB
$25 PC2100 DDR 256MB
$13 - PC2100 DDR 128MB
$56 - PC1600 DDR 512MB
$27 - PC1600 DDR 256MB
$20 - PC1600 DDR 128MB
$72 - PC150 512MB
$37 - PC150 256MB
$21 - PC150 128MB
$133 - PC133 1GB
$34 - PC133 512MB
$22 PC133 256MB
$12 - PC133 128MB
$9 - PC133 64MB
$129 - PC100 1GB
$34 - PC100 512MB
$23 - PC100 256MB
$12 - PC100 128MB
$9 - PC100 64MB
$5 - PC100 32MB
$21 - FPM 128MB 60ns
$13 - FPM 64MB 60ns
$42 - EDO 256MB 50ns
$21 - EDO 128MB 60ns
$10 - EDO 64MB 60ns
$5 - EDO 32MB 60ns
$160 - RDRAM 1066MHz 512MB
$79 - RDRAM 1066MHz 256MB
$48 - RDRAM 1066MHz 128MB
$95 - RDRAM 512MB
$47 - RDRAM 256MB
$34 - RDRAM 128MB
$3 - RIMM
$12 - Cache
$62 - Apple G4 PC133 512MB
$34 - Apple G4 PC133 256MB

Old July 3rd 03, 05:50 AM
kony

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:48:02 -0700, remeb wrote:

There is something quite new called Dual Channel DDR 400?
But with this RAM list from Pricewatch.com, I just can't
spot it. Could someone tell me which one it is?

"Dual Channel" DDR400 is not a unique type of memory. It's all
PC3200, spec'd to run at 200MHz x 2 (DDR). However some boards, like
nForce Ultra 400, can be a bit picky due to nVidia chipset issues...
For specific motherboard support consult the motherboard
manufacturer's recommended list, or buy from someplace with a
compatibility guarantee like http://www.crucial.com , or consult a
motherboard-oriented website forum where other users with the same
board will be sharing which memory works ok, best, etc.

Dave
Old July 3rd 03, 11:41 AM
Alien Zord

"remeb" wrote in message
There is something quite new called Dual Channel DDR 400?
But with this RAM list from Pricewatch.com, I just can't
spot it. Could someone tell me which one it is?

Dual channel DDR mobos use standard memory parts operated in pairs.

Old July 3rd 03, 03:18 PM
MiniDisc_2k2

Dual channel technology simply means that the 4 or 6 slots you can put
memory in is split into two groups of 2 or 3 slots. If you put at least one
in each group, and they all have the same capacity and speed (for example,
they all ar 256MB PC3200), then the motherboard will split the memory among
the two groups. In essence, you get double the transfer rate. DDR400 runs at
800MHz, for example. It's quite a technology that will lead to a much faster
computer system.

-- MiniDisc_2k2
To reply, replace nospam.com with cox dot net.

Dual Boot, How? Paul \(Erie\) General 1 June 24th 03 04:36 PM
Opinions on 120GB HDD, DVD writer and dual p3 motherboard Alien Zord General 0 June 23rd 03 08:50 AM