pcmcia card not being recognized

Old July 3rd 03, 02:10 AM
ChrisJ9876

Default pcmcia card not being recognized

From: "los"

From: "los"

The card probably is of the Cardbus technology, and your laptop, being

"very
old" probably does not have Cardbus slots.
See the following for some basic info on Cardbus:
www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/CardBus

or just do a search on cardbus

Iteresting. That's probably the problem. This computer could easily be older
than 1996, as it is a Penttium 1 150 mhz. Any idea what the 16 bit PCMCIA
cards are called. Or are they called just that, 16 bit cards?

Not sure what they'd be called, but if you look at the specs it should give you
a clue. I have 2 PCMCIA 56k modems and a PCMCIA SCSI card, and neither one says
anything about Cardbus, nor do they indicate 16bit or 32bit, so based on that I
would guess they don't need Cardbus. I bought them all in the '98-'99
timeframe.
Try your card in a newer laptop and see if it works.
Hope this helps.
Old July 3rd 03, 03:00 PM
los

Not sure what they'd be called, but if you look at the specs it should

give you
a clue. I have 2 PCMCIA 56k modems and a PCMCIA SCSI card, and neither one

says
anything about Cardbus, nor do they indicate 16bit or 32bit, so based on

that I
would guess they don't need Cardbus. I bought them all in the '98-'99
timeframe.
Try your card in a newer laptop and see if it works.
Hope this helps.

Apparently, they're called "PC Card" or "16 bit" cards. I think the laptop
is just too old for this card.
It helped, thanks.

Video card advice grendel General 10 June 30th 03 02:07 PM
Video Card S3Trio General 11 June 29th 03 12:51 AM
Help with WinFast TV 2000 XP Tuner Card Joshua Klehm General 1 June 24th 03 10:52 PM
help with hauppauge wintv card welshuser General 2 June 24th 03 09:59 PM
Best video card for around $200? Christoph General 1 June 23rd 03 09:23 PM