Miscrosoft Software Registration

Old July 6th 03, 01:19 AM
Jim Cleveland

Default Miscrosoft Software Registration

Paul Riemerman wrote:
Do you expect to get two paper shreaders if you only pay for one?

Paul Riemerman

"Jim Cleveland" wrote in message

Jupiter Jones wrote:

"hassles associated with calling long waiting line support numbers"
simply does not exist except in the minds of the detractors that are
so against Microsoft that reality escapes them.

I have had to activate by phone many times for Windows and Office
products for myself and others.
It never took longer than ten minutes starting from when I picked up
the phone.
Usually the phone process is about 5 minutes.
However a phone call is normally rarely necessary, internet activation
takes seconds.

As someone who typically reinstalls Windows in my machine(s) 1-2 times a
year, that would be a major inconvenience. With my copies of Windows
2000, Windows 98 SE, and Office 2000 Professional I have NEVER had to
waste any time on calling Microsoft and asking their permission to use a
product I ALREADY PAID FOR!!!! That's the way it should be, dammit!

Because of this registration garbage, I've found no compelling reason to
buy either XP OS or XP office. W2K is just as stable as XP, if not more
so. Microsoft already charges an outrageous profit on their bug-riddled
software - please don't make lame excuses for Microsoft's condescending
heavy-handed treatment of their consumers. Bottom line, I don't want to
spend even ONE MINUTE on the phone with Microsoft seeking favors from
King Bill, and I never will!

Cleve

???

I'm not sure what your post is referring to. If you're alleging that
I'm trying to use one Windows CD for two computers, that is simply not
the case. I have the OEM Win 98 CD for my desktop computer, and the OEM
W2K disc for for my laptop.

So if I read you right, I did pay for "two paper shredders" so to
speak. Yet Microsoft doesn't even want me to have one, it seems.

Jim

Old July 6th 03, 01:27 AM
Jim Cleveland

Jupiter Jones wrote:
Your concern with activation and the road trip is unnecessary.
Activation would not have been a factor in that case.
You can run the computer up to 30 days without activating.

If activation is a reason for not using Windows XP, be sure you
understand activation.
You clearly do not understand the 30 day point of activation.
What else have you missed?

I understand Activiation perfectly well. Basically, it's an attempt to
ram a new "paradigm" down consumers' throats - that being that it's ok
for Microsoft (or other software companies) to monitor our machines at
any time, and in any way they see fit.

Once we, as consumers, start accepting activation and equipment
monitoring as 'ok', thus emboldened what will Microsoft try next?

Jim