Geforce2, ForceWare and no Twin View?

Old January 8th 04, 07:14 PM
DavidM

Default Geforce2, ForceWare and no Twin View?

I've got an old Asus Geforce2 GTS and am using the latest ForceWare drivers
from nVidia. It wont let me set up twin view. I can chose to view the
desktop on either the TV (comp out) or monitor, but not both. The only
display option is 'single'.
Some old posts on google groups mention this problem, with no solutions. Is
it safe to use NVcleaner witht he new ForceWare drivers, it was written for
Detonators.
I would be very grateful for some advice or other's experiences. I want to
watch DVDs and the output from a digitalTV card on the TV.

Cheers
David

Old January 8th 04, 08:26 PM
Barry Walsh

DavidM wrote:
I've got an old Asus Geforce2 GTS and am using the latest ForceWare drivers
from nVidia. It wont let me set up twin view. I can chose to view the
desktop on either the TV (comp out) or monitor, but not both. The only
display option is 'single'.
Some old posts on google groups mention this problem, with no solutions. Is
it safe to use NVcleaner witht he new ForceWare drivers, it was written for
Detonators.
I would be very grateful for some advice or other's experiences. I want to
watch DVDs and the output from a digitalTV card on the TV.

Cheers
David

The GTS only has a single RAMDAC so no Twinview, the only GF2 that could
do this was the MX version. So it's one or the other output, but not
both. You could pick up any GF 4 MX cheaply and it'll do what you want.
Old January 8th 04, 08:42 PM
DavidM

"Barry Walsh" wrote;
DavidM wrote:
I've got an old Asus Geforce2 GTS and am using the latest ForceWare

drivers.....

The GTS only has a single RAMDAC so no Twinview, the only GF2 that could
do this was the MX version. So it's one or the other output, but not
both. You could pick up any GF 4 MX cheaply and it'll do what you want.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try an app called TVtool that says it will
get both the TV and monitor outputs working at once. But I expect the best
it will do is clone the output.
I'll try my brothers GF4 MX, see it that does what I want.
David

Old January 9th 04, 11:07 PM
j smith

Hey, TVTool works with theTV out and you can have both outputs running to.
The only problem I've seen so far is noise on the TV. There are also video
players that will send the overlay to the TV fullscreen.

The current problem I am having is with the 53.03 drivers, I cant get into
the GeForce settings on the control panel.....