Ti4200 Dual Monitor Problem

Old October 29th 03, 09:56 AM
Slonocode

Default Ti4200 Dual Monitor Problem

I have a visiotek ti4200 card with 1 vga output and 1 dvi output. I
bought a dvi/vga adaptor to try a dual monitor setup. I have two 19inch
crt's both are detected in windows and everything seems right in the
settings. It shows both boxes for both monitors and I have checked the
"Extend desktop..." option.

Problem is the second monitor will not display anything. The second monitor
is the one connected to the dvi output with the dvi/vga adaptor. Both
monitors work fine. I just can't seem to get any display from the dvi
output with the adaptor.

Bad adaptor? If so would windows find the monitor at all?
Bad dvi connector on the card? Again would windows find monitor at all?

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Slonocode

Old October 29th 03, 11:30 AM
Billy_Bat

Check with the manufacturer's website, to see if they offer an adapter or
dongle. My MSI Ti 4200 128 came with one, and both 19" monitors work well.

Good Luck!
BB