DVD authoring stopped working after SP2

Old October 4th 04, 10:51 AM
Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

Default DVD authoring stopped working after SP2

Hi there,

Since installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 I can no longer encode
DVD-videos. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and a Matrox RT.X10. Has anyone else
had this problem? Even better, have you found a solution?!

Here are some more details:

THE PROBLEM
The video encoding fails at random places during the video. I've tried
several different source videos and all have the same problems. I never had
this problem before installing SP2. I've tried encoding the DVDs using both
Adobe's DVD Authoring Program and Matrox's Media Encoder. Adobe's Media
Encoder just crashes and I need to re-start the PC. Matrox's Media Encoder
reports "unknown error" (possibly the least helpful error message ever).

The problem could also have been caused by my installation of DirectX 9.0c
(I used to use 9.0b)

Any thoughts?

Here are my specs:
- MS Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
- DirectX 9.0c
- Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0
- Matrox RT.X10 with latest drivers
- Matrox P750 graphics card with latest BIOS and Drivers
- Intel D875PBZ motherboard with latest BIOS
- 2Gbytes DDR400 SDRAM

Many thanks in advance,
Jack

Old October 4th 04, 12:44 PM
Brian

"Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)" wrote:

[...]

I'm told that some programs need to be updated after you have
installed SP2. A friend of mine found that his Nero software had to
be updated after he installed the SP2 upgrade.
Have a look on the internet for an upgrade for any software not
working.

Regards Brian
Old October 5th 04, 12:57 PM
Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've checked... and there are no updates.

Thanks,
Jack

Old October 8th 04, 04:22 PM
Just a Friend

"Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" wrote in message
| Hi there,
|
| Since installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 I can no longer encode
| DVD-videos. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and a Matrox RT.X10. Has anyone
else
| had this problem? Even better, have you found a solution?!
|
| Here are some more details:
|
| THE PROBLEM
| The video encoding fails at random places during the video. I've tried
| several different source videos and all have the same problems. I never
had
| this problem before installing SP2. I've tried encoding the DVDs using
both
| Adobe's DVD Authoring Program and Matrox's Media Encoder. Adobe's Media
| Encoder just crashes and I need to re-start the PC. Matrox's Media
Encoder
| reports "unknown error" (possibly the least helpful error message ever).
|
| The problem could also have been caused by my installation of DirectX 9.0c
| (I used to use 9.0b)
|
| Any thoughts?

I had similar problems, and found some notes in forums that DVIX codecs had
issues with the combo SP2.
I uninstalled DVIX and had no problem since.

JaF